Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents..

Just got a new Bike.. kinda new to the whole scene.. I came from motorcycle road racing.. and was lookin for a less expensive hobby. See ya guys on the trails.:D

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
-MV- said:
Just got a new Bike..
Ahem...How 'bout some pics? There's kind of an unwritten rule that if you talk about your new bike, you gotta post a pic.

On second thought, nevermind, we all know what an Enduro looks like anyway. :p :D

I'm just joking with you, of course. Sorry about that, first post and I'm already busting your chops. Congrats on the bike, it's a good one. Have fun abusing it. :thumbsup:

Patrick

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
uktrailmonster said:
Welcome to the world of mountain bikes! Nice start off with the Enduro but don't forget you have to pedal these damn things around :)
Heh, he'll be reminded of that when he hits a climb :thumbsup:

·
Clever Slogan
543 Posts
not even close....

Strafer said:
That could be cheaper than competitive MTB racing.
Even a budget 1k cc sport bike is going to set you back a few g's more than the best custom spec'd mtn. bike out there. That's before you add pipes, rear sets, sprockets, gear like leathers, helmet, gloves, boots....etc. etc. etc.

Mtn. biking is damn cheap by comparison.

·
Out Of Control
244 Posts
skinnyhippy said:
Even a budget 1k cc sport bike is going to set you back a few g's more than the best custom spec'd mtn. bike out there. That's before you add pipes, rear sets, sprockets, gear like leathers, helmet, gloves, boots....etc. etc. etc.

Mtn. biking is damn cheap by comparison.
Haha there is no comparison between the cost of mntn biking and motorcycle racing. I used to race with MV for a couple years and finally got him to make the move on trail riding. It's just silly to even think about that comparison. Skinny is hitting it right on the head...$10k for a competitive 1k bike, $5k at least to get it prepped and the continued $800-$1k to run each weekend. Just don't even start to think about crashing and the sort. Welcome to the mountain bike addiction my man!:thumbsup: Get ready for Moab in October!

·
it's....
2,088 Posts
Who starts out on liter bikes?
I'm thinking back to my youth, when folks used to race cheap RD350s.
I'm sure you can still race for cheap on 5 year old supersports.
Then beg for used slicks from pro racers, buy used leathers etc.

·
Out Of Control
244 Posts
Strafer said:
Who starts out on liter bikes?
I'm thinking back to my youth, when folks used to race cheap RD350s.
I'm sure you can still race for cheap on 5 year old supersports.
Then beg for used slicks from pro racers, buy used leathers etc.
Yea I hear ya man. Things have definately changed from the good ol' days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive been pedaling it... and like Jrok said. there is no comparison to Road racing cost. But i know this stuff can be costly as well.. as i have alread started the modifications to the Enduro. :madman:

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
-MV- said:
Ive been pedaling it... and like Jrok said. there is no comparison to Road racing cost. But i know this stuff can be costly as well.. as i have alread started the modifications to the Enduro. :madman:
I have the same bike. Curious what modifications you are going to do? So far I have swapped out the stem for Thompson, and seatpost for Gravity Dropper, and put some Kenda Nevegals on, but that's about it. Oh, and Cranks Brothers Mallets. The bike comes very nicely spec'd. Can't beat Fox up front and in the back, and SRAM X-9 rear dr is setitandforgetit.

I may put CK headset on for the bling factor, and wheelsets on down the road, but this is not necesarry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My LBS has the same bike 2006 Enduro Expert X-large frame that I have been eyeing.
They want to blow it out to make room for 2008 inventory, I think the last price they gave me was about $2300 but I think if I push I can get it for $2200.

Sounds like you like the new ride, about what did you pay for yours?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.