Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm planing to relocate from Portland Oregon to the Portsmouth NH/ York ME area and I dont know much about riding out there. I've seen posts about Mt A. but that's about it. Could you clue me into some of the better riding spots in the area? Also, what's the current thinking on bike setup for the trails out there. My curent ride is set up for the stuff out here and I'm hoping it'll be ok out there.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers

·
Registered
553 Posts
I ride further north than where you are moving, so I can not help you much with specific riding spots, but there are some active riders in southern NH. Check out the NEMBA forums.

As far as bike set up, if the trails in southern NH are anything like the trails up here, people ride anything from full suspension XC rigs to rigid single speeds. velociraptors have a good following for tires, though I like the kenda karmas (on a rigid SS), and I am sure there are a lot of other opinions. If you want to know about Freeride DH stuff, someone else will have to respond. Welcome to the east, and enjoy the ride(ing).

GF

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
Ft Rock in Exeter 5 stars very nice single track
Pawtuckaway in NH 3-4 stars lots of climbing
Bear Brook in Allanstown NH 5 stars very nice single track , some climbing
Fomba in Auburn NH 4 stars tight & twisty

check out the reviews here ft rock is 15 mins. for Portsmouth, pawtuckaway & Bear brook 30mins. fomba 30 - 40 mins.
mostly single track riding, xc & freeride bikes (Gary fisher, trek, specialized santa cruz)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to the Right Coast

I live in Exeter, home of Ft Rock, ride a SS, and if you want a tour let me know.
Portsmouth is great, just stay away from "Banana's".
More of a "Coat of Arms" guy.

-dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mt. Aggy is totally cool, plenty of climbing, rock gardens, and some slickrock. An hour south, is Lynn Woods in Mass, with not much climbing, but plenty of freeride trails, but flowing singletrack and slickrock as well. We have a write up and some photos of Lynn here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts