Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved here from TN and looking forward to exploring some of the trails in the area. I am mostly a cross country rider that enjoys the technical stuff and looong rides that earn beer. I moved into a place in Wondervu (at the very top of CC canyon on 72) and wanted to know about some of the rides that I could access from my door. I know about Walker Ranch and Golden Gate, what are some of the other popular areas to ride in these two places and other trail networks in the area?

I am mostly interested in linking up different sections of trail for 20 -75 mile rides that I can access from my house. Can anyone throw out some of their favorite rides for this area? I realize that most will be shut down for the winter, so what trails in the area are open now?

Thanks for any beta, Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nOOby said:
wonder vu isn't that far from west mag, the dots, gross res, 68j. Just peek around, there are many riches to be found.
Not sure what or where any of those are but I guess thats your point. I have been bushwacking down to gross res. Are there other trails down there other than the south inlet trail? Thanks for the info

Adam

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Pick up the Falcon guide "mountain biking the colorado front range" or "mountain biking the denver/boulder area". It contains descriptions of some of those trails including directions to the trailheads.

Sourdough is north (?) of Nederland on the Peak-to-Peak highway. Look for the sign for the University of Colorado Alpine Research Station, turn down the dirt road and the trailhead is less than 1/2 mile. There is a parking lot and a bathroom.

This time of year, though, it is probably better for xcountry skiing or snowshoeing.

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
A_Griffin said:
Where is Sourdough trail? And is it clear now? Thanks for the info
check this page for a little info.http://www.subliminalshiver.com/Subliminalshiver/Sourdough.html Click on the GPS coordinates to open a google map page that will give you directions right from your house. Click on the weather button to give you a pinpoint national weather forcast.
Right now i think it says snow for the next couple months.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.