Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my wife just moved her from hawaii so excuse the dumb questions if they come. im trying to find a good place to camp and ride. I was thinking the campsite near snow summit but its closed this weekend and also thinking of laguna mt. what other places are there to that? we also do alot of offroading so if anyone wheels and rides here let us know of some good places that we could do both.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Several campsites in Big Bear, try Serrano and Hanna Flats, also lots of "yellow post" primitive campsites up in the forest.
Great riding/ camping as social_jack mentioned in Idyllwild, try Hurkey Creek campground and campsites also at Lake Hemet.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
class 5-7 crawl'n i'd say Big Bear. Opposite side of the lake there are more campgrounds and primitive ones, stop at the visitor center for directions.

·
Sled of Lead.
190 Posts
I say head north to Kernville. It has both riding and offroading. It also has white water rafting and fishing if you want to throw that in too.

Mountain River Adventure has a private campsite to stay at. There's also many public campsites along the Kern River.
Kern River Rafting | White Water Rafting Tours| Kern River Valley in Southern California
It might be until mid to late May until the high country is open, even though the snow was pretty light this year.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Trails are to the west of the campground and loop around to the north and east, most will bring you back to the campground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the Hurkey creek trails were closed we ended up driving
Up to idyllwild and rode at the hub. Awesome trails also stopped by hub cycles. That was an awesome place. Never knew small town slither California existed. Trying to decide where to ride tommorrow

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Yeah, Hurkey Creek burned down last year and the Forest Service isn't even having a discussion to possibly open them up until September 2014. If you thought The Hub trails were good, Hurkey Creek would have BLOWN YOU AWAY!! It was that much better. Hopefully, it's just as good when it get's re-opened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn I'm excited to check it out. Trying
To decide where to go next. Done lake calvera lake hodges and the hub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts