Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new Bianchi SASS yesterday (pics to come) :thumbsup: I could not take it out on the trails because the seatpost is too short and I didn't want to blow my knees on the first ride, but it felt great on the few laps that I did around my neighborhood :D

Questions:
- What tool do you guys normally take on the trail to remove the rear wheel (adjustable wrench, box wrench...)
- The geometry seems very agressive (compared to my stumpjumper FSR 120) which makes it harder to lift the front wheel, what's the best solution for that (longer fork, shorter stem...)
- When I took it down some curbs it makes a lot of clunking noises on landing. Is that a product of the pos headset or is this normal for rigid SS?

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
15mm stubby combo wrench from Craftsman will handle your axle nuts fine with out lugging a full size wrench.
Your bike should not be clunking. Sounds most likely to be a loose headset. You will need to loosen the bolt(s) on the stem to adjust the headset.
Craig

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
ingluis said:
Questions:
- What tool do you guys normally take on the trail to remove the rear wheel (adjustable wrench, box wrench...)
the Surly Jethro Tool will do ya. And it's pretty handy with a bottle cap too.
ingluis said:
- The geometry seems very agressive (compared to my stumpjumper FSR 120) which makes it harder to lift the front wheel, what's the best solution for that (longer fork, shorter stem...)
shorter stem or one with some (more) rise. Slide seat back on rails if fit allows.
ingluis said:
- When I took it down some curbs it makes a lot of clunking noises on landing. Is that a product of the pos headset or is this normal for rigid SS?
not normal.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.