Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In September of last year I injured my foot/ankle for the third and final time while trail running. Friends suggested racing cross instead of running so I thought I'd give it a try. Man, I have never had that much fun being worked over so badly! Well, now I’m addicted and can't wait to try my hand at racing XC. Last year at each race I purchased a one day license. This year I plan on racing as much as I can. So I'm thinking it would probably be a good idea to purchase a yearly license. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can purchase a license? I did try the USA Cycling link but was only able to find membership information. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. Welcome to bike racing
2. Before you shell out $60, make sure the events you want to race in are USA Cycling sponsored -- not all of them are.
3. The membership page at USA Cycling has a link to description of license fees and when you create an acount, you'll see the options. You likely need only a domestic license, which is $60 if you want to ride mtb only, and $30 more if you want to race in another discipline, such as a road race, in 2010.
4. Download and read the 2010 Handbook, and just by reading about upgrades, etc. you'll be ahead of many "experienced" racers and avoid getting flamed for asking questions on these forums!
5. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
http://www.usacycling.org/ You need to create a membership to purchase a license. keep track of the membership information. it is where you track points and where you will go next year renew your license.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,081 Posts
AlliKat said:
http://www.usacycling.org/ You need to create a membership to purchase a license. keep track of the membership information. it is where you track points and where you will go next year renew your license.
A word of caution about this:

It is up to YOU to keep track of your points, places, etc. I did some of the biggest P/1/2 road races/crits in the country in 2008 and maybe half of them showed up on USAC.

It was the same way when I was a Cat 3, 4 and 5 on the road as well. If I had relied on USAC, I might still be a 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.