Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been riding bmx for about 4 years and im moving to germany in march (military duty station) and i am very intrested in the mtb world i have been wanting to get a good downhill bike but i dont know a lot about mtb bikes i have been looking on ebay for some good bikes that already have some upgrades done to it. i have riden around on some hard tails and dont some stuff airing out on quartrs and and other bmx related tricks what are some key things to look at when selecting a decent downhill bike dual supension is a must, and is it discouraged to get used bikes from ebay and related sites 1000$ is my budget for now plus another 500 for safety gear and other accesories. i could just use some freindly advice on what to look for in a bike and safety gear i have a lot of tools for working on bikes but mostly for bmx. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I posted in your thread under downhill, but as far as safety gear goes I would recommend a full face helmet, arm guards, and knee/shin guards as a minimum for downhill riding. A chest/spine protector also give me peace of mind. A little bulkiness is a small sacrifice instead of being in a wheelchair for life after a nasty spill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts