Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site, I've been snooping around for a while ;)

I was searching and read the reviews on the Mojave 8.0 and after numerous trips to the the few LBS and making phone calls with 3.5 hours of my house, it came to the Mojave for $629.95 (exluding a new helmet and some parts). I am a big person 6'1" 250+ and was wondering how well this will actually hold up for XC and some downhill.

Other possibilities I was looking at were one of the Cannondale F series w/ discs or the Rincon/Boulder.

The components seem worthy for the price. I was looking at the Yukon but it is out of stock everywhere..

Any suggestions or comments?

By the way, $630.00 is the highest as I am in need of a new helmet, camelback, and money to save if something were to happen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
457 Posts
i have the 07 model of the bike ...

about the only thing i can tell you is the fork will need some adjustment / work for it to work with your weight ... on the 07 model ... there isnt replaceable springs for it so i have to change to a different fork .. not sure on the 08 model ...

for a refrence i paid about 550$ for mine ... including a helmet and a pair of gloves...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. After even more reading I went to the LBS and they let me test ride it. Bought it and it is not as heavy as I thought is was. But as all the reviewers said, the grips are not good. But easy fix.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.