Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Devinci Troy

I've been watching for the decent used bike at a good price. Previous bike was an entry level 2004 Fuji Nevada hardtail. I wanted full suspension, modern geo, 1x, dropper, and tubeless 27.5+ tires, and under $1800 or so. Dreaming right? Everyone said buy used, you'll get more for your money. Problem was, all I could find were 5-8 year old mostly Trek or Giant Stance for $100 off full retail of a new one, and other stuff like that. That didn't seem like a deal to me. Cue this Devinci Troy.

It was listed as a 2017 Troy GX with some upgrades for $1500 ($3700 new) As far as I could tell specs looked good for the price. I drove 4 hours one way to check it out, rode it for 30 minutes or so. The smile on my face convinced me, and I purchased without even haggling. Seller said he bought it from his friend who worked at Pro's Closet, (indeed it has the Pro's Closet sticker), who uprgraded some parts. Supposedly serviced recently at LBS, including bearings and fork.

Now that I got it home, have done some cataloging of specific parts, and matched the paint scheme with Devinci's archives, I believe this is actually a 2015. So maybe not the amazing deal I thought it was, but I think I still did good. Did I ?

The main upgrades are to GX eagle 12 speed, Minion DHF 2.6" tires, and KS Lev DX dropper post.

-CASSETTE: Sram XG-1275 GX Eagle 10-50T 12s cassette
-DERAILLEUR: Sram GX Eagle
-SHIFTER: Sram GX eagle
-CHAINRING Raceface 30T Narrow Wide 7075 Aluminum
-CRANKSET: Sram GXP S1000 2x 175mm (set up as 1x)
-BB: Sram BB92 pressfit GXP Mtb pa+gf
-CHAIN: Sram GX Eagle 12s
-PEDALS: BC wide platform 6061 aluminum

-BRAKES: Shimano Deore M615 Hydraulic
-ROTORS: 180mm Shimano SM-RT56-M

-SEATPOST: KS Lev dx dropper w/remote
-SADDLE: specialized Lithia Gel women’s???
-STEM: Truvativ T20
-BARS: V2 pro riserbar. 780mm, 31.8mm, 9* sweep, 25mm rise
-GRIPS: devinci Performance lock on

-REAR SHOCK: Rockshox Monarch RT 140mm
-FORK/SHOCK: Rockshox Pike RC Dual Position Air 150mm

-FRAME: Aluminum Optimum G04, split pivot, 424mm chain stay
-HEADSET: FSA Orbit C40 ACB integrated

-HUBS: Formula MTB, 6-bolt, thru-axle. 110mm front, 142mm rear
-RIMS: Jalco XCD21 27.5” 584x20C
-TIRES: Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.6

-EXTRAS with deal:
-Giyo 300psi shock pump
-Yeti Enduro gloves
-Kinetic Bottle Cage

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the GX eagle drive train is good. The dropper post seems really nice. I'm not sure about the hubs, the rims, and the crankset. They seem okay to me, but I don't know enough. The saddle feels okay so far, but it's a women's model. Is that a problem?

Compared to my old bike, it's leaps and bounds ahead. Everything feels amazing to me. Like I was driving a Yugo on the beach and just bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. So my quality meter is not yet calibrated.

The Fuji, by the way, is gonna get turned into a rigid gravel bike for the rail trails.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice bike!

I picked up a DeVinci Atlas a few weeks ago, the first mtb bike I've owned since I used lawn mowing money to buy a Giant Boulder when I was in junior high.

Uh...mtb bikes have kinda come a long way! I think I was on 8-speed Deore LX, no suspension, flat bars, and at least a double up front!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts