Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have never used a gps before besides in my truck and I was given one by my brother in-law. It's a Garmin eTrex Vista C https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=263&ra=true He said it's old and that it has been in his closet for awhile and he never used it and didn't know how to use it. I figured I would try it out on some of my trails I ride.

Is it any good for mountain biking? Can I download the my rides to my computer and stuff like that with it?

thanks

·
since 4/10/2009
34,346 Posts
It'll work. You can download your rides onto your computer.

Browse this forum. There are lots of discussions about how to use a GPS, what computer software to use, what websites you can share your GPS data on, and that sort of thing.

·
A bike brought me here!
326 Posts
It is a very good and simple GPS. Very portable and there are mounts for your bike, you could even make your own! Battery life is great!
The only thing you might find is that the resolution is not great, You might find an error of 25 to 50 feet when you zoom in. The more satellites, the more accurate! :thumbsup:

poikaa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.