Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've never been to Diablo before and its like an hour and a half drive, not bad, from me. I really want to go, I do DH aand love it, but freeriding I'm still starting at ( a little scared to do huge jumps). Well, I was looking at going up soon, maybe this Monday or Tue ( 6th or 7th), but have no one to go up with. Are there usually alot of people up there, aand does everyone go up in groups, or at least with a buddy? Honestly, I think I'm alittle freaked out to crash up there alone. But anyways, I was also wondering how mush DH there is. I know theres lots of jumps, but if I'm looking at just going fast down rocky, technical, and fast stuff, is there alot there to do if I the huge jumps? Thanks for the help, also, anyone else going up there on those dates or soon from Allentown area?

·
Registered
592 Posts
There's usually a lot of people there on weekends and even if you do ride alone and crash, there will be someone on that trail in a minute or 2, depends what trail. But i dont know about weekdays, i've only been there on weekends.

But you can usually catch up with someone if you go alone. I always go alone and almost always find some people to ride with, everyone's friendly there. Even if i dontfind anyone, i still have fun.

And yeah, there is a lot of gnarly downhill trails that you'll have fun on if jumps isn't your game. i'm not going to be there on one of those days because my new bike is coming on one of those days plus I don't have a ride(no drivers license too young).

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
there is more than enough DH to suit your riding. I go by myself pretty often and have never had a problem. If you're going alone bring your cell and store the office phone # in it just in case. Try posting on ridemonkey in the diablo forum. Contact "iridemtb" I think he's planning on going up on tuesday. He lives in the Pottstown area, so you may be able to carpool. I'd like to go but I've got work all week.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I might be up there on tues. if my hand is healed by then, took a nasty stack down victory on fri.

if your going send me a PM, if im there id be more then happy to show you around the mt.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Mon/Tues

I'm going Monday and/or Tuesday. Check out the map on RideMonkey (or get one at the desk when you go) and stick to some mellow stuff at first. When I ride alone I carry my phone and have the resort on speed-dial just in case.
They have progressed so much as far as trails and features goes. I think you'll enjoy it!

And there are lots of picture threads on RideMonkey as well, so you can see some of what's new.

Have fun, maybe I'll see you! (Blue V10, female rider)

Kat

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, thanks! Sounds awesome, is anyone going up on Tuesday or Thursday from Allentown/Bethlehem area. I'm willing to drive, but it would be great to go up with someone else, and split gas. Let me know if anyone is interrested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.