Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to Denver am looking to hit the trails. Is there a website or book or something that gives good details and locations for trails. I am looking for singletrack/x-country stuff, nothing too extreme. I am more than willing to travel a little ways to get to stuff as long as it is worth it. Thanks for any help.

JR

·
Banned
7,105 Posts
BlkRuby said:
I recently moved to Denver am looking to hit the trails. Is there a website or book or something that gives good details and locations for trails. I am looking for singletrack/x-country stuff, nothing too extreme. I am more than willing to travel a little ways to get to stuff as long as it is worth it. Thanks for any help.

JR
New to Denver... Great! What do you want, a cookie?

J/K :D

I recently picked up a couple of the Barnhart's Single Tracks books. Gives elevations, dist, tech rating, etc. I used on of these books for the Steamboat area before moving down to the FR. There are two, a smaller green one and a slightly thicker purple (heather) one.

Edit: PBR beat me to it.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have to ask a stupid question here because i am heavily considering a move to Denver. Is there good technical riding near Denver? Because all of the pictures of ride reports i see is all about long climbs with sweeping views. That is great and all, and would be nice for a change, but i'm much more into technical rock riding. Aggressive XC if you will. The mountains don't really matter as much to me, until Ski season of course. Is there a site that has pictures of technical riding? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Awesome. You get what i'm saying though right? If you follow the passion thread all the CO shots seem to be all about the views. It does make for better photos but i want to see some tech.

I hope the Denver area has a decent construction market.

Thanks. If there are anymore techy pictures of Denver riding or links to them i'd love to see them. It really gives me motivation to get the heck away from where i live.

That looks like a hell of a climb right there.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
I was talking to a guy on Heil. He'd just moved here from maybe the midwest (?). After a lull in the conversation he said "you know, there's a lot of climbing here". Uh huh.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Everyone will have a different opinion but i would say there is not much technical riding in the front range. A few trails do have some techy stuff but overall i would say not that much, maybe 20% at best?

idbrian said:
I have to ask a stupid question here because i am heavily considering a move to Denver. Is there good technical riding near Denver? Because all of the pictures of ride reports i see is all about long climbs with sweeping views. That is great and all, and would be nice for a change, but i'm much more into technical rock riding. Aggressive XC if you will. The mountains don't really matter as much to me, until Ski season of course. Is there a site that has pictures of technical riding? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Sorry, i'm the one who brought up the Techy part. I am not the OP, but i believe his question was answered so i'm hijacking. . I just didn't want to start a new thread when i had similar questions.

Techy in my opinion is everything from imbedded rock gardens, root gardens, to large rocky slickrock features.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.