Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,440 Posts
brakes

i agree, we need a parts list, but from what I can see you could replace the Avid Arch brakes with SD Ti and save a good chunk of weight. They work really well with the Paul levers, lots of power.

Other then that, lets hear more about exactly what components those are.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pedals are great, I tried the ti/tis and found they offered too much float and wobble, the mg/tis that i am using offer a much tighter feel, more like a (cough) roadie (cough) pedal, which is just what I wanted. The only prob I can foresee is the hollow ti axle doesnt look like it'll stand up to much of a wallop.

Scant, yeah it was at ssmm on the stand, the pics are of the post-ssmm build, after the mud destroyed my transmission, bars, rims, pedals, shoes.... Will also the at SITS at the weekend. Cant beleive the weather this week, looks like another mud bath is looming just when I get it working again.

The parts I could change would be:

bb - Royce ti, could be made lighter but I cannot sacrifice durability. This thing should last for years of mud, is there anything similar?

Seat - anything GENUINELY as comfy as an aliante but lighter? I do enduro racing as well as shorter races so seat must be comfy.

Post - Syncros ti, had a moots before which kept moving around so i dont really want another one, any other suggestions for an inline ti post?

Brakes, no way am I getting rid of those, not until the fall of after the whole thing has corroded away!

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
One suggestion...

I would go out and get it muddy. It wouldn't reduce the weight but it would make it look better. It's too clean right now. :D

Enjoy the sweet ride!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have! At mountain mayhem this year. It's taken 2 months to get it like that again....

Anyone got any comments on the tune bb? Looks sweet as nut im worried about the bearing durability.

·
Registered
41 Posts
klien 110

TheRedMantra said:
Drop an arch supreme, you crazy!? If you want to get rid of those brakes, I want them!
I've got a 110 bar that I foolishly put bars ends on, yes it broke the end (1/2 in) when I wrecked. If the bar can be cut down it should be good, let me know if you're interested. PS I broke it in Quite Waters Park!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.