Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at getting into a singlespeed bike for a while now and have finally taken the plunge. First ride will be tomorrow and I have to say I have never been more excited about a first ride! Before anybdy comments the cables will get secured when I can get something small enough to go through the holes.

Frame - Titus Eleven
Fork - Fox F100 RLC
Headset - Hope
Stem- FSA
Bars - USE carbon
Grips - Ritchey
Seatpost - USE carbon
Saddle - Brooks
Hubs - Hope XC
Rims - Stans Olympic
Tyres - Racing Ralph (no tubes)
Brakes - Hope mini mono
Crankset - XTR

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good selection on the chainring. I know you can save weight but the Surly rings rock. I have one with so many miles on it and been on so many bikes I should retire it, but it keeps on ticking.

Also get some blinging red zip ties for those cable stops! Twist ties while more reliable than skinny zip ties, are just a little lacking. I figure you probably just snapped one before the photo shoot, or maybe you do really like the twist ties.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
nice build! What ring did you use on your XTR crank?

edit. Never mind, I see that it is a surly. Did you weigh it yet?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Lovely. Enjoy the Hope hub! Some people think they're irritating, but I've come to enjoy the machinegun noise they make.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Orkje said:
Lovely. Enjoy the Hope hub! Some people think they're irritating, but I've come to enjoy the machinegun noise they make.
I have got hope on all my othe bikes and love them so the noise issue won't be a problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1-bar said:
nice build! What ring did you use on your XTR crank?
I used a Surly ring 32t, I tried to get hold of the Bone ones but the could not decide if or when they would start making them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have ordered some cable ties for the cables, the bread bag ties were only ever intended as a stop gap!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice ride. I could have swore he said this in his OP, "Before anybdy comments, the cables will get secured when I can get something small enough to go through the holes."

·
Registered
167 Posts
That bike looks like it's better than you know what! Sweet Single. U must spent a little time on a dirt bike as well. Right handed front brake.... when your riding motorcycles and mountain bikes on the same weekend it helps to keep from those nasty diggers.. great job on the bike. +1 for the baggie twistie it's Pro also. When you cut 4-5 inches out of the rear brake line you can fix that. Happy Trails

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HOG farmer said:
Nice ride. I could have swore he said this in his OP, "Before anybdy comments, the cables will get secured when I can get something small enough to go through the holes."

Yeah I did, didn't like to keep saying it though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
justonegear said:
That bike looks like it's better than you know what! Sweet Single. U must spent a little time on a dirt bike as well. Right handed front brake.... when your riding motorcycles and mountain bikes on the same weekend it helps to keep from those nasty diggers.. great job on the bike. +1 for the baggie twistie it's Pro also. When you cut 4-5 inches out of the rear brake line you can fix that. Happy Trails
No to be honest I think in the UK right handed is the norm

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice, here are a few of mine. You may want to switch out to the bolt on rear hub. I could never get it to stay with just the QR. I made that drop on the first attempt, then we got the camera out and I crashed. Pretty big air time though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts