Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I'm a long time MTBR dude but brand new to the Titus family. Last week I purchased a 2007 Titus ML2 from Bikerbob. This was an Interbike demo but looks almost new.

I was in the market for an all-mountain bike for quite a while and decided to pull the trigger on the Titus. I also considered the Yeti 575, Commencal Meta 5, Gary Fisher Cake 1 DLX, and Iron Horse MK3. The Titus got the nod because of its reputation for outstanding versatility and durability. Plus I'm from AZ so I'm supporting my local bike company.

Specs of the bike are:

2007 Titus ML2 in anodized black w/RP23 shock
Fox TALAS 32 RLC (100/120/140mm)
Avid Juicy 7 brakes
SRAM X9 triggers
SRAM X9 rear der
Shimano XT front der
Shimano XT cassette
Shimano XT cranks
DT Swiss 455 wheelset
Kenda Small Block 8 rear tire/Nevegal front tire
MAXM post/stem/bars
MAXM ti saddle

My other rides are a 2005 Giant NRS composite custom build (my race bike) and a 1997 Trek 8000 (converted to a single speed). The ML is the first "non-race" bike I have owned so I am still getting used to the upright seating position. My other 2 bikes put my weight far over the front wheel with 120mm stems whereas the ML2 has a dinky 90mm stem and a taller head tube.

Anyway, until I get to know the bike I'm sure I will be bugging you all with questions.

Thx...Doug

Attachments

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Titus-world ;)

Your bike looks pretty nice. I think that you'll like it and have lot's of fun on this ride.

Ask any question that you want here.. I don't know if you'll get a truthfull answer, but at least you'll get a lot of enthusiastic ones... :p

·
MountainGoat aka OldGoat
832 Posts
dg,
Welcome! The bike looks great. Is it a small frame? When you get some time on the small block 8, let me know if you like is. I am thinking of trying one out on my sm ML.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Awesome build. Ask anything. The collective knowledge of the gents on this board will be able to answer just about any questions that you have. Congrats on your choice!

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Welcome Doug :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your bike looks real sharp. I know you will enjoy the Titus and will start exploring strange new worlds, or re-explore familiar old worlds with new passion.

You have selected the perfect bike based on your list. I say this because it will really compliment your past bikes and your race heritage, and make it one fun transition to the world of fully sagged suspension.

Have you got the cockpit and the set-up to you needs yet ?~?

Thank-you for posting the photos. :cool:

Cheers
AM

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Good job

Looks like the build went well.
Good ol UPS. We shippedthe bike on Thursday and arrived Friday.
I'll be happy to swap stems with you. let me know what length you need.
Bob

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Can you do me a favor.?....

dgangi said:
Hello all -

I'm a long time MTBR dude but brand new to the Titus family. Last week I purchased a 2007 Titus ML2 from Bikerbob. This was an Interbike demo but looks almost new.

Doug,
Would you be able to take a case of beer over to Matt and Jeff at Titus? I promised them a stripper, but my wife vetoed that.
They really stepped up to get that bike to you with the fork swap and fast shipping.
If you can get to headquarters in Tempe with some good beer, I think I can get you a quick tour of the mothership.
Let me know,
Bob

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
dgangi said:
Hello all -

Doug,
Would you be able to take a case of beer over to Matt and Jeff at Titus? I promised them a stripper, but my wife vetoed that.
They really stepped up to get that bike to you with the fork swap and fast shipping.
If you can get to headquarters in Tempe with some good beer, I think I can get you a quick tour of the mothership.
Let me know,
Bob
Go the mother ship....................

Dam fine looking ride, looks cool and stealthy with a black rare adn black front. Am liking that... Enjoy the bike... Keep coming to the board, we will help you, well with most things, not everything!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whafe said:
Bikerbob.com said:
Go the mother ship....................
I'm definitely going to head over to the mother ship with whatever beer would make them happy. The folks at Titus came through on getting me the bike PRONTO -- I said "Yes" to Bikerbob on Wed and had the bike sitting on my front doorstep on Friday. Now that's fast service!

I took the bike on a 4 hour ride on Sunday to get it all dialed in. I'm still playing with the pressure in the rear shock and front fork. It may take me a few more rides to get everything figured out.

What most impressed me about the bike was just how solid/rigid it is. I bombed through rock gardens that made my NRS quiver...and the ML was solid as can be. I'm sure there are dozens of bikes that are as solid as the ML...but not very many that weigh <30 lbs.

So far I am very impressed with the bike as a whole. This has been a great purchase. I look forward to participating in this forum more in the future.

Thx...Doug

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
dgangi said:
Whafe said:
I'm definitely going to head over to the mother ship with whatever beer would make them happy. The folks at Titus came through on getting me the bike PRONTO -- I said "Yes" to Bikerbob on Wed and had the bike sitting on my front doorstep on Friday. Now that's fast service!

I took the bike on a 4 hour ride on Sunday to get it all dialed in. I'm still playing with the pressure in the rear shock and front fork. It may take me a few more rides to get everything figured out.

What most impressed me about the bike was just how solid/rigid it is. I bombed through rock gardens that made my NRS quiver...and the ML was solid as can be. I'm sure there are dozens of bikes that are as solid as the ML...but not very many that weigh <30 lbs.

So far I am very impressed with the bike as a whole. This has been a great purchase. I look forward to participating in this forum more in the future.

Thx...Doug
Glad to hear that your initial ride went great Doug. I too so love the stiffness, as they say, "stiffer than a honeymooners choppa" Once you poke the ML downwards it becomes a legend. Love the ML in rock gardens downwards... The ML truly shone for me on Porcupine Rim trail in Moab, was a pure joy to ride, in my opinion it ate up the terrain....

Good to hear Bobbly keeping up his great service. Have to say, he has never let me down.... Dont want to give him too BIG A HEAD though.............. Nah he is a good all round fella is Bob................:thumbsup:

·
MountainGoat aka OldGoat
832 Posts
dgangi said:
Whafe said:

Thx...Doug
Got to love the ML. I also came off of a NRS Air and the ML that BikerBob got me rocks on the rocks. Take your time to dial in the suspension and you will fall in love with the bike every time you ride it.:thumbsup:

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Give A big head, or give big head?

Whafe said:
dgangi said:
Glad to hear that your initial ride went great Doug. I too so love the stiffness, as they say, "stiffer than a honeymooners choppa" Once you poke the ML downwards it becomes a legend. Love the ML in rock gardens downwards... The ML truly shone for me on Porcupine Rim trail in Moab, was a pure joy to ride, in my opinion it ate up the terrain....

Good to hear Bobbly keeping up his great service. Have to say, he has never let me down.... Dont want to give him too BIG A HEAD though.............. Nah he is a good all round fella is Bob................:thumbsup:
Please, Whafe, feel free to give me a big head. Just don't give me a big wangle (or whatever you call it in New Zealand).

·
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pachaven said:
dgangi said:
Got to love the ML. I also came off of a NRS Air and the ML that BikerBob got me rocks on the rocks. Take your time to dial in the suspension and you will fall in love with the bike every time you ride it.:thumbsup:
I'm keeping my NRS Air around as a race bike and uber-climbing machine. As well as the ML handles, it's still nothing compared to the razor sharp handling of the NRS (73 degree HTA, 2" shorter wheelbase). Some of the courses that I race on are not very technical, and the ML would be overkill for them.

Now in the rough and/or downhill stuff, the ML shines. It's amazing how much 3 degrees a slacker HTA + 60mm more of front-end travel makes!

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
999 Posts
dgangi said:
pachaven said:
I'm keeping my NRS Air around as a race bike and uber-climbing machine. As well as the ML handles, it's still nothing compared to the razor sharp handling of the NRS (73 degree HTA, 2" shorter wheelbase). Some of the courses that I race on are not very technical, and the ML would be overkill for them.

Now in the rough and/or downhill stuff, the ML shines. It's amazing how much 3 degrees a slacker HTA + 60mm more of front-end travel makes!

Thx...Doug
I actually have been so impressed with the ML in the 4" mode, I plan on racing it this year. Drop it in 4" mode flick on the propedal and it is a respectable bike for the occassional XC race. I am more of a recreational racer so it will work for me for racing. Congrats again on your ride. I have ridden alot of bikes and the ML has become my favorite.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.