Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

My continental race king in rear slice 2 times in 1500km... the last its not able to use with tubeless annymore.
I'm unlucky or the tire is bad because I do not do a lot of tracks. Gravel Roads and mountains in 95% of the time

I need a new tire with good sidewall protection, i hate the fact of this tear/slice

1°: Vittoria Barzo tnt grapheno 2.25
2° Race king protection 2.2
3° Maxxis Ikon 3c tr exo

Is it 3 good tires? The little I found seemed to me ikon and mezcal are similar. Race protection has better protection ... what do you guys tell me?

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
I have never had very good luck with Continental tires, either on my mountain bike or my road bike. On the other hand, I’ve had very, very good luck with all of the EXO Maxxis tires I’ve run. Maybe it’s just that, luck, or maybe they really are that much better tire than the Contis, but that’s been my experience. I ran a Maxxis Ikon EXO on the front of my single speed for 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll uggest to try the Fast Track from Specialized ! Very impressed so far with the rolling and cornering ! You could try Renegade if you do road and gravel but my experience is with Fast Track. I do really like their CX tires, so I'm assuming their gripton rubber is a reason !

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use an IKON front, and Rekon Race rear for XC. No complaints, although I do love Maxxis (have DHF, DHR 2 on the DH bike).

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
I tried the Ikon for a while. Just wasn't the tire for me. It was replaced by a Mezcal, which I liked a lot better. Then the Barzo finally came out in a 2.35 with Graphene and it is better still. Rolls great, same weight and with better grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.