Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is up for new tires, f and r, and I'm buying them. I had narrowed my choice pretty closely on the Roll X Pro Women's version-- buying the marketing all the way-- and then the latest issue of MBA arrived. It happens that the (male version of?) Roll X Pro finished 2nd. My wife saw the article and declared that she liked the sound of the 1st place Nevegal Lites better, and not just because they came in first...? (No, personally I don't live by MBA editorial judgments; I'm perfectly fine with my '9th place' Weirwolfs).

She wants the best possible cornering grip and loose dirt performance from her tires, relatively speaking, but really does not want to go beyond 2.0 width: she wants to avoid the big/bouncy tire feeling at all costs but doesn't need a skinny traction-challenged racer tire. Durability is not a major concern, so sticky compounds are fine. She weighs 115 and rides exclusively xc on her hardtail.

I have read the women's tire thread below, but I am looking for women (or anyone else) who has tried the Nevegals, or has other recommendations based on my wife's specific info. Although If MBA didn't like it, we might have to convince her ...

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
mcgarry said:
My wife is up for new tires, f and r, and I'm buying them. I had narrowed my choice pretty closely on the Roll X Pro Women's version-- buying the marketing all the way-- and then the latest issue of MBA arrived. It happens that the (male version of?) Roll X Pro finished 2nd. My wife saw the article and declared that she liked the sound of the 1st place Nevegal Lites better, and not just because they came in first...? (No, personally I don't live by MBA editorial judgments; I'm perfectly fine with my '9th place' Weirwolfs).

She wants the best possible cornering grip and loose dirt performance from her tires, relatively speaking, but really does not want to go beyond 2.0 width: she wants to avoid the big/bouncy tire feeling at all costs but doesn't need a skinny traction-challenged racer tire. Durability is not a major concern, so sticky compounds are fine. She weighs 115 and rides exclusively xc on her hardtail.

I have read the women's tire thread below, but I am looking for women (or anyone else) who has tried the Nevegals, or has other recommendations based on my wife's specific info. Although If MBA didn't like it, we might have to convince her ...
My wife is a bit lighter than yours. I put some NBX lites on her Fuel 90 and she's loving them. Colorado front range type riding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.