Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the "dead horse" loop today. I guess either only us mountain bikers/ or old scholl cottonwoods call it norba loop. The trails are in good shape. Somebody has done work to the trails. They are also marked really well and color coded. You cannot lose your way around there for the peeps questioning the routes. I did notice red valley is pretty wide now. The climb up puke hill is narrower(go figure). The B&C route looks tempting.
p.s.Mahnillig- The loop is easy enough to ride,endurance and power is the question for getting around the south side area. I would give yourself(based on your riding level) 2 1/2 to 3 hours to ride. You could always bail out on the road if you BONK out!
What i enjoyed the most was the group of wild horses just kicken back along the trail.
See ya!

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
E ! said:
Did the "dead horse" loop today.
yeah that's probably the older name I've known for the past 6-7 years, but everyone else seems to call it the NORBA loop so I switched too.

Did everyone else bail on you? Sounds like a fun ride. Did you do it Counter clockwise?

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
E ! said:
p.s.Mahnillig- The loop is easy enough to ride,endurance and power is the question for getting around the south side area. I would give yourself(based on your riding level) 2 1/2 to 3 hours to ride. You could always bail out on the road if you BONK out!
What i enjoyed the most was the group of wild horses just kicken back along the trail.
See ya!
Thanks E! Maybe I'll give it a shot when we get back from the UK if it's not too hot by then. Now to convince the hubby that he wants to do a 3hr off-road ride ;)

- Jen.

·
Registered
578 Posts
E ! said:
Did the "dead horse" loop today. I guess either only us mountain bikers/ or old scholl cottonwoods call it norba loop. The trails are in good shape. Somebody has done work to the trails. They are also marked really well and color coded. You cannot lose your way around there for the peeps questioning the routes. I did notice red valley is pretty wide now. The climb up puke hill is narrower(go figure). The B&C route looks tempting.
See ya!
yeah i saw the horses, twenty minutes after i explained to a couple that i hadnt seen any horses out there in two years, they need to quit changing the trail names, did the climb between norba and dead cow, it was in good shape but,,,boring tech climbs are the best..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.