Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the scoop on the new trail being built just above the bridge/bench section at Tamarancho? New section or just a cut through to the fire road?

thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mud Slide

Gears? said:
Anybody know the scoop on the new trail being built just above the bridge/bench section at Tamarancho? New section or just a cut through to the fire road?

thanks
I think it's just to replace the trail that's just above it becuase of the mud slide problems they've had from the fire road on the section above that trail....

It's exciting to see new trail being built but unfortuntely it looks like it's just a small re-route....

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just a small reroute

Gears? said:
thanks
I talked with some good people at the 'Rancho who have been working on that section. Should open up in pretty soon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dig in

Work continues this Saturday, 10 AM. Meet at ranger station or a little later at the work site.The switchback and some buffing is still left to do. Plan a Saturday ride in camp, and stop at the site for an hour or two of sweat equity. Your God will love you. :thumbsup:

Gears? said:

thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
Switchback rock removal ?

twistgripper said:
Work continues this Saturday, 10 AM. Meet at ranger station or a little later at the work site.The switchback and some buffing is still left to do. Plan a Saturday ride in camp, and stop at the site for an hour or two of sweat equity. Your God will love you. :thumbsup:
I noticed one switchback where it looks like all the rocks and roots where removed. I'd like to express my preference for keeping the rocks and roots in areas like that because it makes them more challenging and I prefer that.... :thumbsup:

THANKS

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rode the loop last Sunday and didn’t notice chopped roots in any switchbacks but did notice one less manzanita that use to be a fun a pinch. I agree, leave the trail as it is, roots, rocks and trees.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chopped trees and roots

Rode the loop last Sunday and didn't notice chopped roots in any switchbacks but did notice one less manzanita that use to be a nice a pinch. I agree, leave the trail as it is, roots, rocks and trees

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.