Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the last Surly blog entry by Snacky P first.

This is to guess what they've got up their sleeves for Interbike. Cool to see the rumor hasn't gotten out yet. Or the rumor I got is just plain wrong. But then, they really should be making that, as it would just be up thei alley.

The rules for this contest :
- You do not post if you actually know what they're making (DON'T spoil the fun of the surprise, not saying please)
- You cannot use your psychic power (just unfair)
- It has to be a guess.
So, one rule only, really.

The prize : You're crowned Surly Geek for the day when the news from Interbike hits.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Since Cloxxki posted this, might it be safe to guess a 29er, and of course with Surly it will have 4130 tubing, and lets just guess, maybe more of a hope, that it is geared specific.

But knowing Surly it will be something completely different. How about a tandem?

·
Registered
227 Posts
bigger

A bike with 32" / 33" wheels realy would be too cool to be true. They did about the same with the Pugsley project; frame, fork, rims and tires ....... As said, too cool to be true, I think :(
Any other willing to start this project?

·
Registered
355 Posts
After some good discussions with Swervy while he was here for SSWC06 I have some ideas, but it might be a bit cheaty for me to participate...

I know what I WANT it to be, and I hope that it ends up being the real deal. Looking forward to next week.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think ,and pray for ,it will be a rohloff specific frame !

I just hope it will have exactly the same geometry of the 1x1 ,as i prefer it over the karate monkey !

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think a 32" XC standard really needs to be established by someone. I will do it myself if I win the lottery.

A Surly tandem would definately sell among Surly fans. I think the Pugs platform screams for a tandem version. The big tires make sense for off-road tandems, good suspension and stability, good weight/tire volume ratio.

Easy for me to say if I heard the correct rumor, but if you've read the blog a lot, you can guess in which direction they're going. Last year a one-wheeler...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Saw the unicycle stuff in the blog, maybe just me, but that does't interest me at all. Clowns in circus parades might have a use for them.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's obviously...

...a 29er SS recumbent tandem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Winter drunken party ride

Endomorph/Pugsley type trike so you won't fall over after a few too many?

Maybe, thats just what I need. Who knows!

Cheers

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trike sounds cool. Easier to make than the quad I wanted them to make. The quad could easily be a "car" type vehicle, 2 riders alongside. But pack that into a bike box... :)
The fat tires do scream for such designs, but so far little more extreme than one-wheeled fatty tire trailers hasn't come to my attention.

Blog now says 2 new models. Perhaps a 24" cruiser then?

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
I have a feeling it's a big balloon wheeled pub crawling cruiser that is capable of offroad duty too.

3,617 Posts
29er expedition rig

I'd wish for a bike like the KM in a 29er, expedition style, with braze-ons for front and rear racks. A new front rack that would allow for lowrider panniers while on the pave, then you could attach them to the deck and set them up high for off pave excursions. An "Around the World" type of bike.

peace......d

·
Registered
545 Posts
Obviously a tandem unicycle....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts