Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since I've been on the forums, but I needed to see about my options on racks.
I just traded in my Xterra which I had a hitch and I also have a 1UP USA rack. I'm not sure I want to install a hitch on the WRX (2104), so I guess my only option is a roof rack. I will probably end up selling the 1UP (2 trays) to fund the new rack for the Subaru. Any suggestions from any Subaru owners? Pictures or roof racks installed would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
The WRX has tabs in the rain gutter to easily attach the towers of your choice. I prefer Yakima due to their awesome customer service and they have a great product too.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,382 Posts
Why wouldn't you want a towbar (for a hitch-rack) on the WRX? I had one. I have one now on my camaro SS. You don't even know there's a towbar on the cars unless you are really looking for it from one angle, and if anything with the WRX, it's only helping to fix the nose-heavy problem that those cars have and tie the rear end together a bit. It's so nice using a hitch-rack IMO over a roof one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why wouldn't you want a towbar (for a hitch-rack) on the WRX? I had one. I have one now on my camaro SS. You don't even know there's a towbar on the cars unless you are really looking for it from one angle, and if anything with the WRX, it's only helping to fix the nose-heavy problem that those cars have and tie the rear end together a bit. It's so nice using a hitch-rack IMO over a roof one.
The 2011-2014 WRX's have extra bumper skirting all around including the rear bumper. You could put a hitch on a WRX, but you'd have to cut your rear bumper out to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.