Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the specialized Stumpjumper Sworks frame? I have the old version of stumpjumper 2003. I don't know how good is the new frame design. Perhaps anyone currently using the 2005 stumpjumper model who can give me some insights whether it is better than older frame?

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I don't know about the 2005 frames exactly, but I know that after 2003 Spec. changed the small rear pivot link to carbon (save weight) and changed the rear shock so that it had an adjustable threshold (how "much of a bump" before the shock activate). However, it seems the benefit of the new rear shock is hit or miss--some people use it, while some people just end up keeping the threshold near the 2003's factory set limit. Other than that, I'm not too sure...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
More aggressive.

Picard said:
Has anyone ridden the specialized Stumpjumper Sworks frame? I have the old version of stumpjumper 2003. I don't know how good is the new frame design. Perhaps anyone currently using the 2005 stumpjumper model who can give me some insights whether it is better than older frame?
The 05 is more of an aggressive trailbike this year as Specialized added more travel to the 05 with just under 5" in the back with the Septune shock.. The stock S-works now has over size bars, more travel in the rear and front with a talas rlc 5.1" fork, and slightly higher bb height.

There are a few reviews of the 05 Stumpy on this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.