Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was skiing there this weekend, i was going down the run where the "Paid in full" trail runs, and i came across the new drops that they built. the big one if f**king scary. the pic that was here before did it no justice. you will have to be super precise.

they land in a super steep slope that is narrowed by trees as it goes down.

i think that they might be doing somethig for a landing because there is a ton more wood that has yet yo be used. if not though, they'd better be planning on taking out some trees, or there could easily be an injury and lawsuit on their hands.

but man, i can't wait to ride again.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
when i was skiing there this weekend, i was going down the run where the "Paid in full" trail runs, and i came across the new drops that they built. the big one if f**king scary. the pic that was here before did it no justice. you will have to be super precise.

they land in a super steep slope that is narrowed by trees as it goes down.

i think that they might be doing somethig for a landing because there is a ton more wood that has yet yo be used. if not though, they'd better be planning on taking out some trees, or there could easily be an injury and lawsuit on their hands.

but man, i can't wait to ride again.
Yeah - the big drop there will take some considerable cajones. I'm pretty sure the wood is not for landings but is for more drops that will be further to the right of the other new ones. The last weekend I was there for biking, they had a board up that displayed the plans for the drop zone that included more drops further down.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got a pic!

Yeah that big drop will take some time...I was just up there last weekend and got a pic. One of these days I'll have to try it on the skis! ;)

First Pic is of the elusive, but not too uncommon "Texan Breifcase".

Second pic is of the drops.

Attachments

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
SilentK said:
Yeah that big drop will take some time...I was just up there last weekend and got a pic. One of these days I'll have to try it on the skis! ;)

First Pic is of the elusive, but not too uncommon "Texan Breifcase".

Second pic is of the drops.
Now we just need to find someone with a Pugsly or Hannebrink (bike) so we can go hit that monster. :)

I wonder what kind of base (snow) there is below the drop - it doesn't look that big in the pictures.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Godzilla said:
Now we just need to find someone with a Pugsly or Hannebrink (bike) so we can go hit that monster. :)

I wonder what kind of base (snow) there is below the drop - it doesn't look that big in the pictures.
Ahhh...but what you don't see is how the ground falls immediately away right after the drop, and it's quite steep, too! The big one, you have to go about 6-8' out before the tranny starts, whilst the small and medium one you could crawl up to it and wheelie drop if you had to...

As for the snow, like I said the tranny is pretty steep, so snow doesn't stick to well to the slope there. That and the fact that it's already ben hit by skier/riders so it's starting to show some rocks and such.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Landing?

SilentK said:
Ahhh...but what you don't see is how the ground falls immediately away right after the drop, and it's quite steep, too! The big one, you have to go about 6-8' out before the tranny starts, whilst the small and medium one you could crawl up to it and wheelie drop if you had to...

As for the snow, like I said the tranny is pretty steep, so snow doesn't stick to well to the slope there. That and the fact that it's already ben hit by skier/riders so it's starting to show some rocks and such.
so ppl were hitting the big drop? There must've been more snow on the take off before you shot that pic. I'm still a little surprised they don't have that roped off, but that's cool that it's not.
For 2 wheeled fun (and safety) I'm thinking they'll have to do something to improve the landing. It's steeper than any bridge drop landing I've ever hit, and doesn't have great margins of error to the right side (trees!)...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh sorry, nobody can really do the big one. There is no ramp up to it. From what I could tell only the small and medium drops were being hit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.