Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new trail and a new logride at Dry Hill. The new trail is at the bottom of Limbo and it's called One Liner. The new log ride is on Limbo. about 60 feet(so far) 8 feet up, with a sweet jump off the end. Come check it out.

·
Just roll it......
7,619 Posts
I'll bite....

Huckler said:
There is a new trail and a new logride at Dry Hill. The new trail is at the bottom of Limbo and it's called One Liner. The new log ride is on Limbo. about 60 feet(so far) 8 feet up, with a sweet jump off the end. Come check it out.
First of all, where's Dirt Hill? I have no idea where it is..... :confused:

Second, you got any pics of the new stuff. Sounds like fun!!

Cheers,
EB

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Do the Port Angeles Dry Hill ride day in the spring EB, it's good times. Shuttle trucks and hamburgers, can't miss.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dry Hill is in Port Angeles

No pictures yet. We just finished it last weekend. We may take some this Sunday. We should be riding and working most of the day.

Skookum, who can wait for spring?? That Gold Creek thing sounds enticing but gotta work.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Huckler said:
Skookum, who can wait for spring?? That Gold Creek thing sounds enticing but gotta work.
aha, it's really cool the stuff you guys got goin up there. And yah i know about that job thing, it's a horrible catch 22, all work no bikey, no work no bikey. Lifes no fair. :p

·
Registered
850 Posts
Huckler said:
No pictures yet. We just finished it last weekend. We may take some this Sunday. We should be riding and working most of the day.

Do you ride the red heckler? If so, i think we have met at the Ride day/races. Cant wait to see the work you guys are doing up there. You think Jason will be doing ride days this spring??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's me. What is your ride?
I imagine Jason will have the rides again. We have access too if you ever want to come check it out the easy way. We are going to try to get pictures up tomorrow. I'll put them on this thread if we can figure it out, and have enough light??

·
Registered
850 Posts
Cool, keep us posted on the progress there.

I ride a DHR with fox 40 (soon to be Turner Highline). We spoke up at the top a few times.. Im damon, and our race team is Speedmetal. Maybe those will ring a bell. Anyways, keep up the good work... Maybe we can arrange a trail ride out that way.

Also, Do you know of a Mt Muller ride? You may know Matt J? He races with Jason.... we rode tonight and he was mentioning this ride but couldnt really the name for certain.

-d

·
Registered
373 Posts
oly said:
Also, Do you know of a Mt Muller ride? You may know Matt J? He races with Jason.... we rode tonight and he was mentioning this ride but couldnt really the name for certain.
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-washington/trail/PRD_170923_4586crx.aspx

I haven't done this yet but it's on the List. 'Rode nearby Sadie Creek earlier this year and enjoyed it a lot. Where is Dry Hill in relation to these? I thought the first two -- plus maybe Lower Big Quilicene and Dungeness/Gold Creek -- pretty much exhausted the options in that direction. But I love to be wrong. Tips please, Port Angelies? :-]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mueller is one of the best!

Mt Mueller, in my opinion, is much more fun than Sadie. It's about a 13.5 mile, all singletrack loop. 3.5 mile grueling but rideable climb, 5 mile up and down ridge ride with sick views, a 3-4 mile downhill that is smooth and fast lots of on the edge cornering, then a mellow ride back to the car. Well worth the trip, I'll do it anytime. There are a couple of months that keep too much snow to ride. Definately on par with Dungy/gold creek, another of my favorites.

You can have a pretty good time up on Dry Hill with an XC, if you know where to go. I have a map somewhere that I should try and post. I ride the downhill trails as loops and there is some extra trails chunks here and there.

And yeah I know Matt. We were riding with Josh and Jason today in fact. We had about 8 guys up there and took a few pictures that are so-so. I'll try to put them up tomorrow. Plan to come over some weekend Oly. I remember the Turner/SpeedMetal reference.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Huckler said:
Mt Mueller, in my opinion, is much more fun than Sadie. It's about a 13.5 mile, all singletrack loop. 3.5 mile grueling but rideable climb, 5 mile up and down ridge ride with sick views, a 3-4 mile downhill that is smooth and fast lots of on the edge cornering, then a mellow ride back to the car. Well worth the trip, I'll do it anytime. There are a couple of months that keep too much snow to ride. Definately on par with Dungy/gold creek, another of my favorites.
Thanks for the extra info on Mueller; that's motivating, especially to hear you put it on a par with Dungeness. You know, it continues to amaze me how much stuff Tom Kirkendall and John Zilly managed to miss in their books (although I did manage to spot Sadie Creek in one of Kirkendall's volumes). You get the impression that they've already wrapped up Washington pretty well because they duplicate so many trails, as do some of the minor guide books. And when any of them offers something original for once, it usually isn't all that great or remarkable.

Man, I wish I'd been better informed when I visited Sadie Creek. I would've grabbed a cheap motel room in PA in an instant, done Mt. Mueller the following day, and maybe even sampled some of Dry Creek too. And that would've been a lot closer to what I expect out of a three-hour drive. :-|

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Those are dry hill pictures? Sweet :)

How far of a drive is that from Seattle (or ferry ride?)

BTW if it's a viable ride option for our crew, you can count on us to load up a few buckets full of rocks, or do whatever else we can to show our thanks & help out.

Huckler said:
They didn't come out too well. More to come. It's about 60 feet long so far and about 8 feet up at it's highest.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About 3 hours

From Seattle it's about 3 hours whether you drive around or take a ferry. It's just west of Port Angeles. Drop me an e-mail @ [email protected] if you want to come over. I believe it would be worth a trip depending on your style of riding. (mainly dh/freeride/shuttleable). We may not even put you to work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.