Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, i just bought my new Azonic Steelhead, i have no clue what kind of fork to put on it. I like the DJ 1, but only 110mm of travel??? I am a big kid (6'3" and 165lbs) will a dj be able to take what i give it. I ride urban usually, just do like stairs to stairs, drops, gaps... and some dirt jumping. Any other fork suggestions? thanks.

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
firefly...

hands down i'd say the firefly, or the flick if you can't afford the firefly. I think shermans are really great forks, and would match a steelhead nicely. Congrats on the new bike; I love steelheads

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Korrupt said:
Yea, i just bought my new Azonic Steelhead, i have no clue what kind of fork to put on it. I like the DJ 1, but only 110mm of travel??? I am a big kid (6'3" and 165lbs) will a dj be able to take what i give it. I ride urban usually, just do like stairs to stairs, drops, gaps... and some dirt jumping. Any other fork suggestions? thanks.
the dj1 will suit you...its a very tough/stubbern fork and is made to handle urban/ street. i wiegh 160 punds and used a dj2 for a while and it ate everything up. but....dj's suck at doing anything else other than street, drops, and dirt jumping....if all your going to ride is street, drops and dirtjumps, get the dj1...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I, 6'2" at 220lbs, run a DJ II on my stealhead and love it. I only wish that I would have got the 20mm thru. I really like being able to bust out the pump and adjust the pressure for what type of ride I am doing. I like to run it really stiff for dirt jumping and softer for the street riding. Great match up!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another angle

Agree 100% with the Shermans and DJ1/2, both solid forks. If it was me making the decision I'd try to get my hands on one of those old 5" JrTs or 6" supers or something like that. I've always liked the look of smaller DC forks on a burly hardtail....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts