Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out for the maiden voyage. Parts include:

Hubs: Hope pro II with T/A Front and 6 speed ss rear.
Rims: WTB Dual Duty FR.
Tires: Schwalbe RR 2.4's.
Brakes: Avid Elixer 185mm F and R.
Fork: Minute 80mm T/A.
Cranks: SLX 22/36.
Frame is a Kula scandium 20".
I think the rest is onvious. I'm not diggin' the Mary's at all on this bike. They just feel wrong and I was suffering significant hand pain within the first 15 mins. That said, I've never felt more confident and in control. Will switch to ss once I'm more conditioned.

Attachments

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Yunkie said:
I'm not diggin' the Mary's at all on this bike. They just feel wrong and I was suffering significant hand pain within the first 15 mins. That said, I've never felt more confident and in control. Will switch to ss once I'm more conditioned.
Nice bike.

On the Mary's, try turning them down just a little. Typically bars like the Mary, Jones H-Bar, etc., are turned down just a tad, yours look pretty level at the grips.

But then again, you just might not like them.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Captain_America1976 said:
try switching out the grips. i used those for one ride on my hardtail before going back to ergons due to major hand pain.
Good call

Also play around with the angle of the bar. Lots of people use these higher sweep bars tilted down at a pretty good angle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.