Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks good. how bout a parts list? how do you like the rigid fork? Im hoping to get my single speed out on the trails sunday morning.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
List

looks good. how bout a parts list? how do you like the rigid fork? Im hoping to get my single speed out on the trails sunday morning.
Thanks, so my choices are based on living in NC, 170lbs, 43ys old, 5.11
I9 wheelset
Conti tires
Exotic rigid fork
Cane creek headset
Ec90 bars
Thomson stem and seat post clamp
Ism saddle
Shim xtr brakes, crank, and pedals
Wolf tooth 32 tooth chain ring
Surely 16 tooth cog
Lynskey Pro29 Lrg

I like the rigid fork more than I thought I would. For everyday riding, it's great. For the couple trips to the mountains this summer I will put on my Fox Shock. The extended chaotic descents and all day events, I think a rigid would be too uncomfortable.

·
DFMBA.org
1,874 Posts
Nice build. I'd like to see a clean pic and get a real look.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing

·
Registered
140 Posts
P.S Go Green! Used to ride Pontiac Lk a lot when I lived in MI.
congratulations on your team finally getting there act together for a whole season! now if I could just get my team to quit acting like a state team of old, ............

where did you live when up here? I live only 5 min.s from pont. lake. actually, I just rode it for the first time last week. well, the first 2.5 miles anyways. I got a buddy that also lives near, and he decided he HAD to ride THAT trail, despite never riding a mtb trail before. lol. sooo, it went exactly how I thought it would.

I tried my best to talk him out of that pipedream. and start him on easier trails. he had NO idea what those trails had in store for him. taking him to tree farm next weekend. on one of my bikes, instead of the magna. I had brought a bike for him, but he insisted. yeah hes silly like that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lived in Rochester at the time. I really didn't ride mtb a ton back then. Diggin live in NC these days. The weather and riding is fantastic.

Disappointing end to the season really. Next year will be a building year I believe. We'll see.

I'll post a clean pic soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Rebuilding year for the Spartans? I don't think so. Defense might drop off a little, bit you're offense i's coming on strong and there young. If you're a Spartan fan life is good for the next couple years. My wolverines are a mess still.
As far as living in nc, I'm jealous as he'll. Got an uncle tying to talk me into moving down there for years because he knows in an odors kinda guy. But, the wife dictates we stay here. Sigh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts