Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the launch of AXS and the new wave of SRAM/RS gear, we've seen evidence of another mechanical group. Some signs point to a new X0 DH group, but then others point to it being another 12speed offering (below X01?)

I didn't see it discussed anywhere else, and there was some pretty good sleuthing on the Lyrik Ultimate thread before it dropped.

Personally i'm happy if it's a DH crankset, as I need 165 cranks, and would love if the shorter cage and more stout parallelogram of AXS comes to mechanical.

Vali's bike:
Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Crankset Bicycle chain Gear

NZ Enduro
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle part Bicycle accessory

Max Fredriksson YT
Nail Dessert Cake Sweetness Plastic

There is more stuff out there that I can't seem to find again though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I think you miss my point, not looking for any AXS wizardry since mechanical is fine for me. I'm looking for the other improvements that the jump to AXS brought, as alluded to in my OP.

But on that note, do you think they would even bother making this 7 speed X0 into an AXS version?

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
But I think you miss my point, not looking for any AXS wizardry since mechanical is fine for me. I'm looking for the other improvements that the jump to AXS brought, as alluded to in my OP.

But on that note, do you think they would even bother making this 7 speed X0 into an AXS version?
I don't think they made any mechanical improvements to the system, just integrated the electronic controls to the current system. So as of right now, nothing new mechanically.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, at least this (from vital):

"Derailleur features a shorter cage for 10mm added ground clearance, more chain wrap, and sits slightly further forward and further inboard than mechanical Eagle"

As an GX RD destroyer (3 so far), i'm hoping that they'll refresh X01 before it's time to upgrade. Plus those cranks will go sweet with my new Lyrik Ultimate :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.