Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks to me like 2 rings and a bash.
Genius!

Now, details for the experts: Will I be able to fit those chainrings on my X0 2x10 setup?
I understand the ring spacing between a 2x10 and 3x10 are different. Are those rings interchangeable between 2x10 and 3x10w/bash setups assuming the mounting holes are the same?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
If you really want confirmation you have to go to the source and get the info from SRAM. They haven't put out much info to consumers, but from what I have seen they are based on the same 2x10 spacing.

The chainrings use a 64/104mm BCD that is incompatible with your current 2x10 setup (which is 80/120mm). If they use the same chainring bolt setup as the current 2x10 then the big ring won't be compatible with a 3x10 crank since the bolt is a larger diameter and threads into the chainring directly, however I don't know for sure what they are using for this new setup

That is why these chainrings are sold as a complete set that includes a new spider for your crank. You'll have to undo the three torx bolts on the inside of the crank and pull of your old spider then bolt this new spider in it's place

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the photos again, its not the individulal "rings" that would be replaced, its the whole set. Spider and all. So, the differing BCD should not matter. Remove the old set... spider and all. Install the new set... spider and all. Done.

I might be missing something based on inexperience, but it looks that way. I'll contact SRAM to confirm.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Looking at the photos again, its not the individulal "rings" that would be replaced, its the whole set. Spider and all. So, the differing BCD should not matter. Remove the old set... spider and all. Install the new set... spider and all. Done.

I might be missing something based on inexperience, but it looks that way. I'll contact SRAM to confirm.
yes, that is correct

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.