Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
I was at Sunshine Bikes at Fairfax yesterday and they said Feb for the 5-1/2 spot. March for the RFX. Geo is diff for the '07 RFX, scroll back a week and look for the post titled 06 or 07 RFX.

Here is the thread you are looking for:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=253267

They had an '07 Flux with the new polished copper ano--looks very diffeernt than last years orange ano, and looks Freakin Awesome!
 

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Random Drivel said:
I was at Sunshine Bikes at Fairfax yesterday and they said Feb for the 5-1/2 spot. March for the RFX. Geo is diff for the '07 RFX, scroll back a week and look for the post titled 06 or 07 RFX.

Here is the thread you are looking for:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=253267

They had an '07 Flux with the new polished copper ano--looks very diffeernt than last years orange ano, and looks Freakin Awesome!
I got an update Friday saying that it will be April for 07' Spot's :(

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,418 Posts
what a crying shame about the delays - particularly when its because of bad annodizing - i hope DT doesn't lose sales/revenue due to turner's inability to get 07 frames ready for early 07 - at this rate the 07 frames will be 08's - or at least 2007.5!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
No 2007 For Me!!!

wilks said:
what a crying shame about the delays - particularly when its because of bad annodizing - i hope DT doesn't lose sales/revenue due to turner's inability to get 07 frames ready for early 07 - at this rate the 07 frames will be 08's - or at least 2007.5!
I just had a call from my dealer and told me that my 2007 SPOT will be delayed on April.
Now, they are giving me an option if im OK with a 2006.
Im really sad with that news, which came early morning today.

All my parts are just waiting for the 2007 which includes 2007 XTR's and Fork.
Well . . .What can i do? :sad:

Znarf . . from South East Asia!
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,941 Posts
keep in mind guys, he makes model year changes when theres a change worth makin. this year there was a big handfull. its not so much that the new model year is late as that its not ready and theres not alot of previous models left.

yer not buyin that bs line, are ya? well at least we all know its worth waitin for. im in the same boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,088 Posts
cactuscorn said:
keep in mind guys, he makes model year changes when theres a change worth makin. this year there was a big handfull. its not so much that the new model year is late as that its not ready and theres not alot of previous models left.

yer not buyin that bs line, are ya? well at least we all know its worth waitin for. im in the same boat.
Sounds like there's no two ways around the fact that the '07 models are coming out a bit later than desired, but you bring up a good point in that there is likely to be minimal, if any changes between the '07's and '08's after the redesigns for this year. In other words, just because someone may not be able to get their bike until April doesn't mean they'd be better of waiting for an '08.

In the meantime maybe we'll see a bear market for used Turners? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Sold my 04 Spot last week in preparation for the 07 arrival in Feb :eek:
You can still get the 06 ones, I believe.
I will wait for the 07 as I can still use the Six Pack in the mean time.
It will make me fitter (I hope)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
Patience is a VIRTUE

cactuscorn said:
keep in mind guys, he makes model year changes when theres a change worth makin. this year there was a big handfull. its not so much that the new model year is late as that its not ready and theres not alot of previous models left.

yer not buyin that bs line, are ya? well at least we all know its worth waitin for. im in the same boat.
I'm with CC on this one--DT makes changes to make the bike better, not because a new model year "requires" an update. And how is this situation differnt then say, Speccy? They announced the new Enduro like 3 months ago, and it won't be in dealerships for at least another month. (this from my local dealer)

And I don't buy the "shortage" angle--as a small mfg, Turner simply does not crank out bikes like GT--to my knowledge, most small/custom builders often have delays, and sometimes sell out of a popular model before the end of the year. I'll be buying either a Spot or RFX this year, and I don't mind the wait.

In my mind, someone that cancels a Turner order for an Ells was never really set on a Turner to begin with . . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Prof said:
Sold my 04 Spot last week in preparation for the 07 arrival in Feb :eek:
You can still get the 06 ones, I believe.
I will wait for the 07 as I can still use the Six Pack in the mean time.
It will make me fitter (I hope)
Prof, thinking of selling my 04 spot with romic (in the UK), what price did you get (if you don't mind me asking). Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,310 Posts
06/07 rockers

znarf420 said:
I just had a call from my dealer and told me that my 2007 SPOT will be delayed on April.
Now, they are giving me an option if im OK with a 2006.
Im really sad with that news, which came early morning today.

All my parts are just waiting for the 2007 which includes 2007 XTR's and Fork.
Well . . .What can i do? :sad:

Znarf . . from South East Asia!
You can always buy the 06 now, then put the 07 5.5 rockers on it later. I have been running a set of the 07 rockers on my 05 Spot with the Pike up front. Excellent set up.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
DGC, I'm contemplating buying one of those rockers myself but like you I have a front Tri with a centered cable stop. Do you play with the bottom out not to touch or is it mainly OK.

Also did you notice a gain in lateral irgidity when moving from the "old" 5.3 rockers to those? That would mainly be the issue I'd like to address rather than gain 0.2" in rear travel, even if it would correct the geo (I also run a Pike)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,140 Posts
DGC said:
You can always buy the 06 now, then put the 07 5.5 rockers on it later. I have been running a set of the 07 rockers on my 05 Spot with the Pike up front.
If so, you won't get the asymmetrical chainstay for FD clearance, or the tweaked geometry and sizing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,088 Posts
Roy said:
If so, you won't get the asymmetrical chainstay for FD clearance, or the tweaked geometry and sizing.
The rear triangle is, of course, completely redesigned, but is the front triangle different at all? The only thing I've seen to suggest it might be is that the seat tube angle is listed at 73 degrees rather than 73.5. Otherwise the head tube and top tube length as well as the head angle appear unchanged.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top