Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting some tech. data on my Epic, and I came across Specialized's new website. Pretty damn spiffy if you ask me... Don't have time to check it all out, but it looks to be a pretty significant improvement on the old site.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
I like the old site better too. It could stand a bit of updating but, the new site isn't an improvement, IMHO.

·
Ride lots...
896 Posts
I agree--the old site was better. I hate the darker colors in the background, etc. They should've left it alone.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
There should be a flash or html choice from the main screen.
Even w/ broadband and a superfast computer, simple html is what I like to see....

·
Registered
118 Posts
mtnbiker1973 said:
I didn't see where you could find previous models either. :mad:
I like the old site better, too. Flash is cool if you do not have too much information on your site but it really sucks when you are trying to search and compare many items.

Btw, you can find the previous models bikes by selecting 'Bikes' and then 'Archive'. It displays the previous years.

Pedro

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Specialized web site does indeed suck

Specialized, can that over priced web design firm you hired to load all that content-free flash stuff in front the data everyone needs. If it was done in-house, take your webmaster's sweet employee discount purchased bike and replace it with a Huffy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
new site

I like the new site better. Loads fast for even those of us who dont have DSL or Cable internet connections. Old site was good too, but flash loads smoother for most computers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gee, I love the new site - I think easier to find things

I'm chiming in because, well, I think its a real improvement, especially if your on highspeed connection. I think I can get to info more quickly now then before, and I was all over the old one for a month deciding on stuff. On dialup, I may not appreciate it too much...actually it would probably annoy me if I were trying to get around quickly. Coming from a guy that spends ALL day EVERY day for work (for better or worse), I find it pleasureable to look at. The dark color scheme allows the bikes to pop out a bit too...they just have to avoid getting carried away with the flash. I'm into this kind of feedback since my company has a junky site too and we're going to redo it.

On a side note, I went through their little top secrect mission for kicks and in the museum saw my first mtn bike - 1987/88ish pink/green Stumpy! Really tugged at the heart strings, so maybe they got me that way.

-K

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.