Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great new site

Things look great Mike and it is a great improvement over the last site. Some of the links don't work/ send you to the wrong picture or graphic but I think the big news here is the Fly 29er XX spec! That is one sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Publish head tube lengths for your bikes.

I was trying to purchase a bike from you guys for my wife before christmas. One of the 26" Ti completes. I emailed about finding the head tube length, because that really matters for a smaller rider, and received a very rude message from one of your sales people. Basically stating that head tube length didn't matter, that they were thousands of miles away from the bikes and there was no way possible for them to find the head tube length, that we should just order the bike and not worry about it..... yea right!

If you guys are going to have rude people working the email.... it would help to have accurate info out there to answer the questions to begin with.

We ended up going with a bike from a different place, based entirely on the terrible interaction with your email contact and how rude they were.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks very nice. My boss and I both bought 29er Pro SL's in the last month and love them. People are constantly impressed with the bike... even before they know the price. I have said before. I think we are going to start seeing a lot more Moto's on the trail very soon.
Keep up the good work and try to keep the prices "fair" as the bikes get more popular.
The FLY Team 29er Titanium SRAM XX edition looks sick.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thumbsup:
pray4snoww said:
Things look great Mike and it is a great improvement over the last site. Some of the links don't work/ send you to the wrong picture or graphic but I think the big news here is the Fly 29er XX spec! That is one sweet looking bike.
Thanks
Web guy is working on last minutes 'repairs'

But it will take awhile before the links to frame drawing go live

Frame drawings are not generally posted by manufacturers; so that is way I think these might be interesting to shoppers

XX bike is also being reveiwed by magazines this spring; so I think it will be an exciting bike

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
briscoelab said:
Publish head tube lengths for your bikes.

I was trying to purchase a bike from you guys for my wife before christmas. One of the 26" Ti completes. I emailed about finding the head tube length, because that really matters for a smaller rider, and received a very rude message from one of your sales people. Basically stating that head tube length didn't matter, that they were thousands of miles away from the bikes and there was no way possible for them to find the head tube length, that we should just order the bike and not worry about it..... yea right!

If you guys are going to have rude people working the email.... it would help to have accurate info out there to answer the questions to begin with.

We ended up going with a bike from a different place, based entirely on the terrible interaction with your email contact and how rude they were.
Please PM me that email if you have it
I would be shocked if someone stated it that way
Truth is - the interest in HT lengths is somewhat new [used to no goe chart showed them]
We can get them from frame drawings; but it will take time to translate and add them all the the geo pages

But you are correct: we should never be rude and we should get those HT lengths posted

thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Catalyst561 said:
Looks very nice. My boss and I both bought 29er Pro SL's in the last month and love them. People are constantly impressed with the bike... even before they know the price. I have said before. I think we are going to start seeing a lot more Moto's on the trail very soon.
Keep up the good work and try to keep the prices "fair" as the bikes get more popular.
The FLY Team 29er Titanium SRAM XX edition looks sick.
Good Luck.
Thanks
And I indeed intend to keep prices fair - Motobecane sales increase every year; and we could sell many models at more money. However, this is something customers, my employees, and my wife find hard to understand ~~ my objective is to lower costs while increasing specs and thus drive prices down. I have no interest in cyclists paying more for bikes just so I can make more money.

Thanks for the comment on the XX bike - I like it a lot.
For 2011 we will have several 20 speed MTBs and I like the idea of a 10 speed with a super wide cassttee and a single chain ring that can be easily changed [like say comes with a 38 and an extra 32 for different use]
We will see; but there will be lots of interesting developments based on 10-speed mountain stuff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice site.

Here are my 2 cents of suggestions:

On http://motobecane.com/ht/ , I think it would be better if one could click on the big 29er and 26er pictures to get to the list of bikes, instead of having to click och the "Read on..." link. Similarly for http://motobecane.com/road/ and on http://motobecane.com/ds/ where it would be nice to just click on the picture of the bike.

Is there a page where it says where I can buy these tremendous bikes? I.e. a list of dealers?

In the text links at the bottom: [USA] | Warranty & Legal | Carbon Fiber Care | Privacy Policy | Contact
I don't think Carbon Fiber Care Fits there. It's nice to have it under materials, but it does not belong to the same category of information as "Warranty & Legal" and "Privacy Policy".

·
Registered
240 Posts
First off it looks good, much better than the old one that automatically resized your browser.

Changes that I would make:

1) make it so you can click on the thumbnail of each bike as well as the red name of each bike rather than the small "read on" link. Once this is done just do without the "read on" button all together. This will make the site less cluttered and easier to access.

2) make it so when you click on the geometry graph, it will open a pop up window with that picture larger and a chart underneath it correlating the different letters with the measurements. This will just make that easier to see for folks who have trouble with small stuff.

3) create a list of dealers somewhere or add a buy it now with a link to BD. Not everyone who may stumble on the sight will know where to go to actually buy the products.

4) create a link to the photo gallery of the frames that have lots of nice pictures. Your photo gallery is good and folks should be able to see that.

5) make a user's photo gallery where real world riders can upload photos of their bikes in action or on the trails and have a small annotation below the photo.

·
Registered
221 Posts
On first glance it looks a lot more pleasing to the eye and professional. However you have some serious usability issues.

How do I buy the bikes? Have you changed your sales model or is the shopping cart just really hard to find?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the new look! I think the Gallery of pictures from the old site, could be very effective in all the models available. It's always nice seeing different angles, and macro shots of the advertised bike, versus one side and not being able to look at things in detail.

I also like the idea of a photo gallery of all the M-riders in the world. I think one thing most Motobecane riders I've met that have in common, is that we're proud of our rigs and can't say enough good things to say about the Motobecane brand. At least I take pride on my first 400HT I had and my new 29PRO SL. Hell, my girlfriend loves her Jubilee Trail more than our kittens! I would think it's the same for the rest.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Taranis said:
How do I buy the bikes? Have you changed your sales model or is the shopping cart just really hard to find?
It's the new Motobecane site, not Bikesdirect...

·
Registered
221 Posts
DEmbry said:
It's the new Motobecane site, not Bikesdirect...
Ahh, now that makes sense. In that case I echo the other comments for a how to buy with a link to the bikesdirect and retailers websites.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lots of Great Ideas Here
And I forwarding all this to the web guy and asking that these go on his To Do List
[that list is very long already - but we will get most of these things done]

Plusc adding actual frame drawings - which is very different than information seen on most sites

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
203 Posts
i think it would be cool to see who are the factory riders. And any motobecane sponsored event info or stuff like that. Maybe im just a homer for that crap:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts