Sram XO front
Sram Apex Shifters
Sram X7 cranks 26/39t
BB7 Road Brakes
Thudbuster Seat post (added later)
Selle Anatomica Seat (added later)
Salsa woodchipper bars
ESI RCT Tape

I'll post ride reviews after the weekend and some outside pics. It really looks different in person. Dark green paint with gold cable housing and a gold chain...pimpin. I will use this in Trans-Iowa this year. Gryphon center.jpg Gryphon front.jpg Gryphon rear.jpg

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Nice build. I was looking at Gryphons as well, but the price scared me away. I think it was $900 or so. Is that how much you got it for? Good luck in Trans-Iowa.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame and fork were $490. I did the preorder in August and received the frame 2 weeks ago. They have a US distributor now, so I think prices are up a little. But $900 sounds like a lot.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Anyone know who the new U.S. distributor is?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The name escapes me, but I believe its on facebook. Did 15 on it today. Most comfortable and responsive bike ive been on in as long as I can remember. Im doing 100 miler on it tomorrow morning. Ill report back

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok friends, got almost 100 in on Saturday and let me tell you it was wonderful. This bike is snappy, springy and downright comfy. It climbs well with little complaint which is saying something for a 26 lbs bike unloaded. I am running a revelate framebag and gas tank with a 100 oz. camelback in the frame bag. 2 24oz polar bottles full of scratch labs goodness. So maybe 30lbs. I have a new brooks saddle that I chose to break in Saturday as well which surprising only started to give a little discomfort around the 4.5 hour mark. I love this bike. It is how a bike should ride. I love the 29er dropbar hand position. There are no less than 5 ways to hold the woodchipper bars which also changes your seating position just so. This keeps you from getting numbness and pain on the long rides. The crest wheels are light and accelerate very well. Sram drivetrains are great and work well with all of the mixed groups. My buddy Ari tuned my BB7's to perfection. Overall a very good experience. I'll add more as I ride more. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The US distributor is Colorado Specialty Velo out of Colorado Springs, ran by my buddy Jon. I believe he should be shipping bikes out soon. He's still getting the website sorted out, but you can like his page on Facebook for now. I'd post a link, but I'm on the road and can't from my iPad.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have the cash, this is the bike. Its is so addictive. Best bike ive ridden/owned. Love it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ahve a buddy who is riding a kite in Trans-iowa. He's been training with it all winter. He loves it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts