Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dirty nerotic bike whore
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my frame broke and I am now in the market for a new SS on the cheap. I am thinking of buying a red line flight alum. 26' or a GT peace 26'(I am not tall) so my question is how much does the GT weigh I know the red line is about 23, and whichever I choose I am throwing on my carbon fiber fork. Sooo which would be the better choice. I also should say the fork is 100mm and I don't know if the red line can handle that. so whats your input?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a monocog flight 26er. It accepts a 80mm travel fork with no penalty on the geometry. however, I tried a 100mm suspension fork and it and it only slightly raises the front end (like you would expect) which, if you didnt like, could potentially be counter acted by lowering your stem. for me i just didn't really like the what the 100mm suspension fork did to my geometry and line control, sounds like yours is a rigid though so you might not have any problems. couldnt hurt to try

and it takes a 27.2 post

·
Dirty nerotic bike whore
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that frame is tight

I really do like the look of that frame do you happen to have one?? what size seat tube does it take? and the rear wheel is 110 right? I like the look of it alot and nice price!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
My wife's bike is the 13" Exile. The rear wheel's a 135mm not 110. I'm not sure of the seat tube size, but it should be available from Jamis or JensenUSA. She likes hers a lot. Very nicely finished frame for the $$. I'd do that, or a Redline Monocog 29er frame, if it were me.

·
Dirty nerotic bike whore
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks I just ordered the 07 frame and a Thomson seat post and surly seat post. I really cant wait until probably wont get it till after Christmas. I ordered the 330mm length seat post and I hope that will be long enough for the 17' frame for my 5'6 1/2 height. I had a real hard decision on this bike but I really like what I see so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.