Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I'm in the market for a new shock for my SL and would like to get some feedback on which of the newest models work the best with this particular frame.

Currently, I run a Cane Creek Cloud 9 (I also have two older style Hecklers with AD-12's) and I like the way the complete air systems feel, but I'm also interested in upgrading to stable platform technology.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Heart Plumber
337 Posts
Jeff K. said:
Hey all!

I'm in the market for a new shock for my SL and would like to get some feedback on which of the newest models work the best with this particular frame.

Currently, I run a Cane Creek Cloud 9 (I also have two older style Hecklers with AD-12's) and I like the way the complete air systems feel, but I'm also interested in upgrading to stable platform technology.

Thanks for any advice!
Hi Jeff:

I think that the 5th Air or the new Fox RP3 is a good and smart choices. I use the 5th Air. Imposible to be happier. Fox RP3 is used by a friend of mine and we talk like 3rd graders of who's the best. For me, the lack of levers to whorry on the trail is perfect. Whatever you choose take aplatflorm shock. Manitou has some nice shocks too. Give the 5th a good look. Remember that the failures where is the earlier models, now They're fool and bomb proof.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JDO said:
Hi Jeff:

I think that the 5th Air or the new Fox RP3 is a good and smart choices. I use the 5th Air. Imposible to be happier. Fox RP3 is used by a friend of mine and we talk like 3rd graders of who's the best. For me, the lack of levers to whorry on the trail is perfect. Whatever you choose take aplatflorm shock. Manitou has some nice shocks too. Give the 5th a good look. Remember that the failures where is the earlier models, now They're fool and bomb proof.
I've been leaning toward the the 5th Element for the exact reasons you stated...less things to adjust while on the trail. Thanks for you input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.