Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gary fisher Tassajara mountain bike with the original spring loaded shock. The original shock has seized and I need a new one. Does it make a difference what shock I get? Is there one brand or style that is more compatible with this frame? I'm just looking to be pointed in the general direction of what would be best to buy for this bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
It's called a fork. Full suspension bikes have a shock.

Some fishers have a little different setup - g2. Not sure what's different about the forks on those models. Perhaps the dropout or crown offset is greater. Used to see some forks advertised on ebay as for g2. If you list the year, some of the fisher riders might be able to whether it's g2 or not. Else, have a gander at the fisher subforum.

Also, you may be able to rebuild the fork if you like the ride.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ttunes22 said:
I have a gary fisher Tassajara mountain bike with the original spring loaded shock. The original shock has seized and I need a new one. Does it make a difference what shock I get? Is there one brand or style that is more compatible with this frame? I'm just looking to be pointed in the general direction of what would be best to buy for this bike. Thanks.
I took a fox rl 120 off of a stumpjumper and threw it on a 2005 tassajara. I like it better. Rides more up right and the fork I took off was garbage anyway.

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
What model frame do you have? I think that from 2009 up, they are G2 forks. That being said, over the weekend I replaced my G2 with a 2011 non-G2 Rock Shox Recon Silver TK. Found it to be much better than the original boat anchor Suntour fork that came with the bike.

Be sure to get the correct crown race if you buy a fork, or carefully remove the existing crown race from the original fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.