Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered the THE storm knee/shin shinguards a couple days ago can anyone tell me what to expect from them.....do they overheat you, are they comfortable, do they last long etc...

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im going to get a pair of these real soon. They have good protectuion above the knee right?
I know Your asking other peoples opinion, sorry.
I just seperated my AC joint with a grade III ligament tear over 2 weeks ago, or else I would have bought these all ready.
-Nick

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had a pair since last x-mas, however I had yet to crash while wearing them. However I have saved my shins and knee's from getting smacked by my pedals. I have found that when this happens I don't really even feel it (which normally hurts like a f**ker).

The pads can be a little toasty, but it's not extremely noticeable until you take them off at which point you realize that your legs have been sweating.

One of the big pluses I've found, is they are very comfortable. I have worn them for I would say 3-4 hours straight with no comfort issues. I have also done a good amount of pedaling in them (2-3 hour stints) after a little while you forget your wearing them, and don't tend to hinder you while pedaling.

Here's an MTBR thread about them and here's a review of them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.