Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My teenage daughter recently enlightened me on a new way of shaving, actually another product to use besides shaving cream or soap. I thought I would share this jewel of information here but then it occurred to me that maybe I'm the last to know.

Anyway, using hair conditioner to shave with works out very well. Leaves your skin very soft and smooth. And you can get a big bottle of Suave Conditioner for $0.99

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
My teenage daughter recently enlightened me on a new way of shaving, actually another product to use besides shaving cream or soap. I thought I would share this jewel of information here but then it occurred to me that maybe I'm the last to know.

Anyway, using hair conditioner to shave with works out very well. Leaves your skin very soft and smooth. And you can get a big bottle of Suave Conditioner for $0.99
Hey nice tip.

Olive oil works very well as a good deep conditioner once or twice a week. I thought that I was one of the first to know this, but it turns out that not only is that common knowledge now, enourmous industries were around in ancient times to make olive oil, of which a very large proportion was cosmetic. (anoiting your head with oil and all that).

·
Registered
34 Posts
it works!

Been doing this for years. It started when I ran out of shaving gel. Not only is it less expensive, but if you do the recycle/reuse thing with your bottle it is refillable (usually at a natural foods store near you). Less expensive, less waste, soft legs, no hair... who loses?

Happy shaving!

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Conditioner is probably the same basic formula as shaving cream, minus the foaming, so it sounds pretty logical. Cool tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.