Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was surprised to see this morning that Sette has released 2 new versions of the Sette Phantom. Unfortunately I cant link you to the sites, but I do have the pics and some info to share:thumbsup:

Sette Phantom
Changes
Sette USA was able shave 20 grams off the frame.

Fox 32 F-Series F-Fit RLC fork which bumps the travel from 80 to 100mm

Brakes upgraded to Avid Elixir CRs

Wheelset is comprised of Stan's ZTR 355 rims laced to a set of American Classic Terrain Disc Hubs

Sette Phantom Elite
Changes
wheels are top of the line Mavic Cross Max SLRs

The cassette is upgraded to XTR

Marta SL Magnesium brakes

Elite includes the addition of a Fox 32 F-Series F-Fit RLC fork which bumps the travel from 80 to 100mm

hovers over the scale at a ghost-like 19.2lbs (average medium)

New Phantom with Fox Fork $2699.98
New Phantom Elite with Fox Fork $3899.98

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm sure this is a great xc rig and you can't argue w/the build (nice!) but I wonder how the resale value is? has anyone tried to re-sell one?

Regardless, it's great to finally see a nice carbon hardtail at a realistic price!

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have been on sale for at least 2 weeks, perhaps even the whole month. They did/are doing a carbon sale. The Phantom frame is being sold for $100.00 less also.

·
Registered
42 Posts
jrock said:
I'm sure this is a great xc rig and you can't argue w/the build (nice!) but I wonder how the resale value is? has anyone tried to re-sell one?

Regardless, it's great to finally see a nice carbon hardtail at a realistic price!
I just ordered one last week. Should be coming in tonight!

I'm sure setting expectations on resale value of the whole bike is sheit... as well as the frame alone.

My plan is to ride/race the frame to the ground for a year or two and then go with a Ti frame. The parts alone are worth more than the price they sell at even if the parts are old stock and they just want to get rid of them (I'm estimating about 2 years old).

Will get a report together on how the rig rides...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Who buys an internet retailer mountain bike with an eye towards the resale value?! BTW, I really wish I had seen these before I built up my Air9 as it looks like a darn nice ride and I've been less than impressed by the whole 29'r "revolution".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.