Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IPA tester
1,323 Posts
7 rangers.... for what? To close trails?

Hopefully they will use their expertise to build new ST trail and not use a D9 Cat while doing the rough cut:madman:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone should buy them Mountain bikes.
Quite a few have hiking listed as a hobby or similar. Which is great, as long as they're not anti-mtb hikers.

Makes you wonder, well, it makes me wonder, why the Sr Rangers don't stick around very long.

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
Quite a few have hiking listed as a hobby or similar. Which is great, as long as they're not anti-mtb hikers.

Makes you wonder, well, it makes me wonder, why the Sr Rangers don't stick around very long.
They don't stick around because they all want to be rangers in parks like Yosemite.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They don't stick around because they all want to be rangers in parks like Yosemite.
Or Tecolote... which seems to be the desired place for these guys (this is 2 or 3 now that have gone there). Doesn't make sense, as MT is supposedly one of San Diego's "crown jewels".

·
Registered
351 Posts
Or Tecolote... which seems to be the desired place for these guys (this is 2 or 3 now that have gone there). Doesn't make sense, as MT is supposedly one of San Diego's "crown jewels".
Actually, it makes perfect sense. The park itself might be beautiful but . . . well, I'll just leave it at that.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Is there any legal place to ride in MT? I mostly ignore SD as a travel destination because all I read is how anti-MTB the place is. Some of the above comments lead me to believe there may be some legal trails. What's the story?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Most of the drama has to do with the popular trails that are in developed areas, none of them are what I would consider "destination trails". They are kind of trails that are close to home, the ones you hit up after work on your weekly group ride. There are plenty of better and legal trails if you are able to drive east and make a day of it, unfortunately that's not always an option with busy schedules, kids, and what not. But if you are traveling specifically for mountain biking there are tons of better options to consider, places with better trails and a better attitude towards mountain biking.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Senior rangers at MTRP spend a lot of time dealing with politics and a CAC who has its fingers in everything, when they would rather be managing their parks. I wouldn't want to work there either if there was a possibility of working somewhere with less drama.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts