Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on my Seeker last week! I am impatiently awaiting its arrival this week. It has been too long since I have been part of the MTBR scene. I haven't had a decent bike since high school and I am 37!

Anyways, this forum was a wealth of knowledge and was my guiding path to the Seeker. So, thanks and I look forward to being part of all the awesome bikers and of course the Airborne crowd.

No major plans for it anytime soon, I have a car, Rock Crawler, Harley habit too!! Maybe some grips we will see.
:D With the bike I have the following coming also:

Sette Air 2 ST-35 shock pump
Avenir Ultralight pedals
Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 lock

Talk to everyone soon and maybe see some of you around here in NJ.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You are going to really enjoy the bike. I have a Goblin and my wife wanted a guardian. Hers should be here tomorrow. When mine came in it was adjusted perfect, and easy to put together. Get ready to have some fun for a fraction of the cost of most bikes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeker Arrived!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Well it just was delivered and I am like a 12 year old in a candy store. :D So far it looks great, min damage to box, great packing by Airborne. The very bottom of the seat post has some scratches, but it won't be seen. The matte black finish is awesome! Time to stop jaw jacking and put her together. I will post some pics when I am done.

Any advice, tricks ,things to keep in mind when putting it together? I used to work on bikes (along time ago) and I work on cars, so I am not too worried. Just checking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remembered the stem; thanks! went together pretty good too. There a few scratches here and there, but overall shipped pretty good. Peeled off the stickers on the rims and the fork too. I dislike stickers on a nice flat black bike.

Iam having a lotos disc drag, som tomorrow I will have to align the calipers and set up the shocks. My pump will be here and hopefully the rain will clean up.

I will post pics when I get them off my camera and get the bike finished.

·
Ride On!
1,240 Posts
I remembered the stem; thanks! went together pretty good too. There a few scratches here and there, but overall shipped pretty good. Peeled off the stickers on the rims and the fork too. I dislike stickers on a nice flat black bike.

Iam having a lotos disc drag, som tomorrow I will have to align the calipers and set up the shocks. My pump will be here and hopefully the rain will clean up.

I will post pics when I get them off my camera and get the bike finished.
Be sure to post a pic or two after your first ride in the mud:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sleeker First Ride

I finally got some time this morning to finish the adjustments. It took awhile to adjust the front derailleur. The chain was rubbing on the side so I messed with it and dorked everything up. It took a bit to remember how everything works, but got it all working good.

Like others have said who haven't rode for awhile, bikes have come a long ways! It's still lighter than my old Univega and Specialized! The bigger 29 took about 5 mins to get used to, but not too bad. The seat will take awhile to get used to and I will need some shorts. My buttocks are a bit sore this evening!

It got a little muddy, but you can't tell in the pictures. I have a problem with stickers, so I removed all of them on the forks and rims; looks better IMO.

Overall, Airborne is a great company that put together a great bike, for a great price. Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come to find out, I discovered both my tires are loosing air. Today, rear tire was completely flat and my front was pretty low. So frustrating; so, I guess will buy 2 new tubes, just in case and take out the old tubes to look for leaks.

Does anyone have a preferred brand of tube? or ones to sat away from? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Come to find out, I discovered both my tires are loosing air. Today, rear tire was completely flat and my front was pretty low. So frustrating; so, I guess will buy 2 new tubes, just in case and take out the old tubes to look for leaks.

Does anyone have a preferred brand of tube? or ones to sat away from? Thanks for the help.
Go tube-less. Flats will be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I purchased the WTB Pure V Race SE saddle a couple days ago and looking forward to it. The stock seat is just night designed right; maybe for a road bike.

I may covert to tubeless down the road, but I need to do some more research. I prob will play around with differnt tubes and see how that works. It's a lot of money to switch to stop pitch flats and maybe decrease weight a bit. Right now, I just want to ride!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies. I purchased the WTB Pure V Race SE saddle a couple days ago and looking forward to it. The stock seat is just night designed right; maybe for a road bike.

I may covert to tubeless down the road, but I need to do some more research. I prob will play around with differnt tubes and see how that works. It's a lot of money to switch to stop pitch flats and maybe decrease weight a bit. Right now, I just want to ride!
With respect.

A little Gorilla tape, some tubeless valves, and some Stan's No Tubes sealant is all the expense you need. It would cost a little more than a couple of tubes. It probably takes about 15-30 min/wheel the first time you try tubeless.

I would offer 2 suggestions:

1. Try to get the tires to hook up without any sealant first. After they hook up, remove the valve stem core and add the sealant though the valve stem.

2. Rub some warm soapy water on the sidewall to help lubricate the tire. It will help the tire seat a little easier.

I converted to tubeless about 2 years ago and never have regretted it. You won't either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jeffharris. I am doing some more research and just may go tubeless. I have no problem with anything anyone says/recommends as longs as its educated and not in CAPS!

I appreciate the suggestions; with that said, I really don't have a lot of time right now and am gone a lot for work. Plus I didn't know enough about tubeless to make any quick educated decision. But.....I am looking at a lot of info and now looking at Stan's NoTubes 29Er Xc Tubeless kit. I just need to ensure it will work ok with my rims and tire.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.