Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must be 32 degrees in hell right now, It's about GD time!! Props To Tyler Morland and crew for recognizing this needed to happen, and then getting it done!

It's hard to feel like your sport is legit when no one updates the 10 year old course at a quote "premier cycling event".

My friend mentioned going up to race this year, I laughed in his face. Not I will have to go!

Press Release

March 8, 2010 – (Monterey, CA) – Sea Otter Classic and Truvativ are pleased to announce a comprehensive makeover for Sea Otter's current downhill course. Bike park builders Momentum Trail Concepts will author and implement course renovations with the collaborative project slated for the spring of 2011.

Sea Otter serves as cycling's opening event each year, kicking off the riding season by offering racing in nearly every mountain bike discipline, the festival features downhill (DH) as one of its premier competitions, drawing competitors and journalists from around the world. Located on the Laguna Seca Recreational Area in the Monterey County Parks system, the existing course is exhibiting signs that it's been well loved with the resulting wear and tear causing impacts to the course's flow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry to rain on the parade, but nothing that they do will change that the course is built on a mole hill. I don't care who is designing the course, you aren't going to get a real DH course with 400ft of elevation. I'm sure there will be some sweet new jumps and berms though... just get your pedaling legs ready and leave the DH bike at home.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If they really want to make the course a better DH course they should be doing some serious earth moving and bump up that elevation.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
ianjenn said:
DH bike will work to. Just dont be a girl and pedal er hard. Mick got 4th on one.....
True, but he got beaten by Graves on a tiny little 4cross bike with the seat aaaalllll the way up.
Then again, we all know Gravesy isn't really human.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts