Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't made it up to Santos since they built the new pump track so I was wondering if anyone on here has and if it is riding nice. I'm hoping to get up there this weekend to check it out.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
It's super hardpacked. I'm not sure if I just suck at riding pump tracks or whether it needs some big time tweaking. Also, good luck actually being able to ride it, most of the time there are little kids swarming all over it like ants on molasses :p

·
Banned
136 Posts
Jim311 said:
It's super hardpacked. I'm not sure if I just suck at riding pump tracks or whether it needs some big time tweaking. Also, good luck actually being able to ride it, most of the time there are little kids swarming all over it like ants on molasses :p
why cant they just put up a sign that says "no moms, dogs, or kids":confused:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Alright, I got a helmet cam for Christmas, have now purchased batteries and a memory card, and may break it out later today. If I get it to work, I'll try to ride the pump track. Understand, however, I'm an XC rider and don't expect me to rip through that thing like some of the guys who really dig pump tracks.

My plan is to ride all the great trails at Santos and post videos for everyone's enjoyment (and possibly amusement). I'm going to start with Vortex. (And the pump track since quite a few people really want to see it).

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Gatorback said:
My plan is to ride all the great trails at Santos and post videos for everyone's enjoyment (and possibly amusement). I'm going to start with Vortex. (And the pump track since quite a few people really want to see it).
haha, I'm doing the same thing but with the trails at Markham Park. I've made one attempt but I didn't clear everything so I'm hoping to re-do some sections to get clean footage.

·
jcard14
154 Posts
Nice...any pics to post?
I am headed out there Sunday as I pass through town, as if I needed another reason to be excited!

Edit: Just checked out the pics on the OMBA site...looks good!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
FloridaFish said:
haha, I'm doing the same thing but with the trails at Markham Park. I've made one attempt but I didn't clear everything so I'm hoping to re-do some sections to get clean footage.
No, no, that's not fair--you've got to post them no matter what. Everyone should get to see falls and everything. That will be half the fun.

Trust me, I won't be cleaning all of Vortex. If I have a clean run--for me--I can clean all but one little section. However, about 2/3 of the time I also have trouble with another tight turn and short, steep climb. There is also one section of John Brown that still gives me trouble, the tight turn littered with rocks and roots (it doesn't look so tough, but it isn't easy to ride). Ant Hill has a steep, rocky, lose climb that I can't clean.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The pump track is awesome. There are so many lines you could spend a couple hours on it and not get bored. It's a heck of a workout too, We "warmed up" on it the other day for 20 minutes. When I looked at my computer we had done about 2.5 miles - just playing! You can generate a lot of speed once you get the feel for it.

·
2,712 Posts
Gatorback said:
No, no, that's not fair--you've got to post them no matter what. Everyone should get to see falls and everything. That will be half the fun.

Trust me, I won't be cleaning all of Vortex. If I have a clean run--for me--I can clean all but one little section. However, about 2/3 of the time I also have trouble with another tight turn and short, steep climb. There is also one section of John Brown that still gives me trouble, the tight turn littered with rocks and roots (it doesn't look so tough, but it isn't easy to ride). Ant Hill has a steep, rocky, lose climb that I can't clean.
it it were crashes I'd post them up, but foot dabs don't make good video. I actually cleared the stuff that I screwed up on video when I rode out there yesterday. Plus, right now I'm editing in MS movie maker but I should be getting some better software today.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
As promised, here is some video of the pump track:

This is just one line, entering from the trail. The video starts with about 200m of trail left.
Remember I'm an XC rider, doing this on a full suspension trail bike, so I'm not ripping through the thing. There are a bunch of different lines to ride. This one would be the most obvious if you enter from the trail side.

·
2,712 Posts
cool, thanks for the video. Looks like a lot of options in the track.

btw, if you take out the o-ring in the back of the camera housing, you get some "wind noise" and better audio.

also, how long did it take to upload your file to youtube??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.