Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
It is wide (229mm)

Even a normal width seat sometimes bothers me when moving my weight back.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
If one of my friends had that saddle I'd rip it off his bike and chuck it. That is butt-ugly and likely ugly on the butt too.

Try visiting a Specialized dealer that has the saddle fit system for determining a good saddle width particularly. You might just need to adjust your saddle better, too; a small tilt adjustment can change things a lot. Don't expect instant comfort, you still need to get your butt used to saddle time. If I am off the bike for a long period of time, all my saddles aren't too comfortable for a bit until I get my butt back in shape...

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
RockadileSX said:
How Do You Control The Bike If You Stand Up?
Yeah, nothing to squeeze between the thighs, odd. I think those seats are marketed more towards older folks who ride comfort bikes and cruisers. I would keep looking around for a better fitting saddle. I probably went through 6-8 different saddles until I figure out which models fit me (Brooks B17 or the WTB Speed V).

·
Registered
270 Posts
DaveGT101 said:
Anyone ever use this saddle

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=6000114&subcategory=60001082&brand=&sku=20133&storetype=estore&estoreid=1331&pagename=Estore%20by%20Subcat%3A%20Summer%20Savings%2DSaddles

I'm looking for something new to try since I have been unhappy with my previous two saddles. Mostly because of numbness in a particular part of my groin.... you know what I'm talking about.
Yeah, it's ugly, and don't expect too much for $15 (I guess). Right now I have a Neuvation S-1 on order for $65 due to the same problem on my road bike. If that doesn't work, I may try the Selle An-Atomica, but I don't want to pay that high price if I can find something cheaper that works. Have you tried other saddles with cut-outs before deciding on this saddle/seat? Some LBS's that sell WTB saddles have a bunch of different test saddles and they will lend out each style for a few days at a time for you to try. Also, if you aren't real familiar with saddle adjustment, it might be worth a few dollars to have your LBS check saddle adjustment (if he's any good). Or are you just pulling a joke on us? (Since you are a member of this forum since Jul 2003, you don't appear to be a newb, and I think you are joking.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.