Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new saddle for my FS MTB but don't want to spend a fortune.
There are dozens of choices, all with seemingly good reviews.
I was looking at the Charge Spoon ti, which l can get for £48.
However one online store sells this as a ROAD saddle.
Will it be OK for a MTB? And are they fairly comfortable?
The bike came with a WTB saddle and my nads get numb after a while, even with it adjusted a bit lower at the front.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Saddle comfort varies significantly from rider to rider.

WTB appears to be a very popular saddle and has a large following but me personally, I prefer firm flat saddles. Prologo X8 for me.

I would never buy a saddle online unless I previously tried it. You really need test ride a few saddles and find what feels right....you'll know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a new saddle because the one that came with my bike was just too narrow. I went down to my local shop, they had a lot of demo seats they let me try. I picked out 4 that I wanted to try and I spent a little over an hour in the shop parking lot switching out the seats til I narrowed it down to one.

They didn't have the one I wanted in stock but I did find it online for a good price, and I didn't have to order it sight unseen or unridden. A nice WTB seat for $25.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

There's nowhere near to me that offers that service.

I ordered the Spoon ti, as l need to try something, and will see if it is any use, if not the seller says l can return it, even if l fitted it to the bike.

·
I didn't do it
9,466 Posts
Try searching MTBR using Google to get more input on this. It's a fairly common topic and a lot of info has been posted about this here over the years. Short answer is that saddle preference is extremely individual so what works for one person probably won't work for somebody else. It will take time and you will most likely need to go through a few before you hit pay dirt.

One thing to keep in mind is that the most basic measurement to be concerned with is sitbone width and saddles come in varying widths to accommodate this.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,603 Posts
I personally like WTB, the Silverado is not too bulky, so it is lightweight, but still comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.