Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this full-carbon saddle for my winterbike. so far i used a stripped and shaved SLR but thought this might look good on the lightweight carbon seatpost i already use.

why those asian companies have to plaster all these monster-logos everywhere remains a mystery to me...but it can be changed with a bit of emery cloth and some new clear coat. this way it gets even lighter ;)

1st ride maybe today.from the shape it really looks almost 100% identical to my tuned SLR but it has this groove in the middle. we will see how it does comfortwise
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Yeah without the logo's it does look very nice - good weight too and it has a similar shape to my SLR Carbon Kit but that is 140g !



Nino - please tell how did you get the logo's off?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
removing of the logos...

Tiffster said:
Nino - please tell how did you get the logo's off?
that's done easily:
just take some emerycloth (you might start with ca. 240 and finish with about 600) and under water you can just shave it away. you just have to shave away the clearcoat on top, then the logo starts going away as well. those are just superthin stickers that got applied before the clearcoat was added.so by removing the clearcoat and stickers you go a step back and then you just have to get it clearcoated again. i did so with a spraycan...really no big deal.

next will be the according seatpost i use since last fall. together this makes for a pretty light and decent priced seating-zone;)

i first had my doubts about the durability of that carbon seatpost and wanted to put some hours on it myself...it holds up great.

i'll post pics of the clean seatpost and saddle installed on my winterbike soon.
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
comfort...

Bail_Monkey said:
Wonder how your groin area feels after riding that seat after a 5+ hr mtb ride... I'd rather save my groin and have a few extra grams...
we had this many,many times already and such comments usually come from people that never rode a full carbon saddle on their own. but i repeat once again that the shell of such lightweight carbon saddles flexes. and some offer more flex than your "comfortable" regular saddle. sure the saddle shape itself has to fit your a$$ but the flex the shell offers usually takes away more vibrations and irregularities than your regular saddle.

by the way - i'm riding a Becker carbon on my usual ride. this one only goes on the winterbike ('cause it is too heavy;))

those Saddles are very comfortable. i have it on my roadbike too and do multihour rides without any problems. onthe MTB you change your position anyway so this definitely is no problem.
 

Attachments

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
nino said:
i just got this full-carbon saddle for my winterbike. so far i used a stripped and shaved SLR but thought this might look good on the lightweight carbon seatpost i already use.

why those asian companies have to plaster all these monster-logos everywhere remains a mystery to me...but it can be changed with a bit of emery cloth and some new clear coat. this way it gets even lighter ;)

1st ride maybe today.from the shape it really looks almost 100% identical to my tuned SLR but it has this groove in the middle. we will see how it does comfortwise
Taht looks excalty like a Selle San Marco Apisid knockoff.

Last time I tried a TOKEN saddle my arse hurt for weeks! :eekster:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
installed...

i have also stripped the logo off the seatpost so now i have a nice carbon seating zone on my Winterbike.

i haven't ridden it for real but just around the block it does feel ok.
 

Attachments

·
Just ride
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
wow nino,

both saddle, seatpost combos look incredible, logo or not!

I'm jealous!!!
 

·
Jam Econo
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
nino said:
that's done easily:
just take some emerycloth (you might start with ca. 240 and finish with about 600) and under water you can just shave it away. you just have to shave away the clearcoat on top, then the logo starts going away as well. those are just superthin stickers that got applied before the clearcoat was added.so by removing the clearcoat and stickers you go a step back and then you just have to get it clearcoated again. i did so with a spraycan...really no big deal.

next will be the according seatpost i use since last fall. together this makes for a pretty light and decent priced seating-zone;)

i first had my doubts about the durability of that carbon seatpost and wanted to put some hours on it myself...it holds up great.

i'll post pics of the clean seatpost and saddle installed on my winterbike soon.
That Token seat post looks identical to the 3T I just got for my road bike. Only thing is the 3T weigh 20 grams more after I cut 4.5" off it!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top