Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Gary @ GVH bikes for a great deal.

I was trying to build the a nice, decent bike on a budget that rode well and was an upgrade to my TREK 1000 with Sora Parts.

So here we go...

Specs:

2003 Litespeed Capella MED Compact with carbon fork and carbon steer (New)

Deda 210 Bars and Deda tape

Syntace F99 260 105mm w/ Ti Bolts

Sette Carbon Post 27.2 x 350mm

04 Ultegra Shifters w/ shimano cables

04Shimano 105 Front derailleur

04 Shimano Ultegra Rear derailleur
SRAM PG-970 12-23 cassette 9spd

SRAM PC-89 HP chain

03 Shimano 105 Crank arms with FSA 53/39T chainrings

03 Shimano Ultegra BB

03 Shimnao 105 brakes w. Red Kool-Stop pads

04 Ultegra pedals

105 hubs/Ambroiso rims with DT Rev/Comp 32h wheels

Fizik Arione Saddle

2 Tacx Bottle Cages

Cat Eye Astrale Computer

Polar 720i HR monitor

The weight came in at 17.72lbs on a hanging scale before cages and computer.
No too bad! FSA RD-400's and FSA TEAM Carbon Cranks are the last upgrades coming in a few months.

Yes the steer height is a bit high, but once my position is dialed in, I will chop down the fork.

So far 50 miles on it and it rides like a DREAM!! The carbon rear is smooth on the back and it sprints like a scared cat! The 105 brakes are much stonger with the new levers.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
appleSSeed said:
lemme know how you like the ultegra pedals coming from the eggbeaters
Can I say - After 3000Kms that the new SPD-SL pedals are totally amazingly good. I cant really falter the. Eggies produce hot spots after 3 hours or so when your pushing hard, but these pedals spread the force more equally over a larger surface area. The pedals have a nice positive click in and a 'clack' out, not easy to fall out off - as in, when sprinting, you don't need to fear coming unclipped or anything. Easy to unclip out of at traffic lights, and generally OK to get back into, but double sided or 4 sided pedals win out here.

I wish there was an SPD-SL type pedal for MTB (As silyl as it sounds) - they are just comfortable and right, with a nice balance of float (4ish degrees I think).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.