Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
max5480 said:
I didn't know Ritchey even made frames...
Ritchey got his start as a frame builder. He built the first MTB frames for Gary Fisher and Charlie Kelly back in the day.

Good to see Ritchey and Breezer with some cool new frames out.

That bike looks nice. I've always wanted a Ritchey.

Only complaint is with the rear sliders. Don't want an SS rear end on my geared bike.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
Wow that takes me back.

A little history: back in the day ritchey made a line of bikes that ranged from the supercomp to the made in asia Ultra. He always fielded a race team and once he began the component thing in earnest he pulled out all the stops and made a frame called the P-23 for 23lbs. Which at the time was insanely light for a bike. Light tubes minimalistic details and components was its and Tom Ritchey's mantra. The bike was offered in a red white and blue paint scheme and was campaigned under Frishy among others. Later iterations included the P-21.

As time passed I think that he segued out of frames mostly focusing on his components.

I would totally love to have this bike. If it was made by TR then doubly so.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Stahr_Nut said:
Sharp! I've been lucky enough to rotate a lot of different bikes through my stable over the years but one I've never been able to get my hands on and have always wanted to try is a Ritchey Plexus.
I always wanted one too. His swiss cross bike was very intriging too.

·
I don't huck.
2,543 Posts
Sweet...I heard rumors of this. Nice to see it. I think that is TIG'd with thick paint, but I could be wrong.

That moves to the top of my list for a geared 29er hardtail based purely on emotion and memories of Timbercomps and P23s.

I love how they kept the color fade. That is where Breezer missed the boat...not having a steel version of the Lightning in 29".

1 - 20 of 270 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.