Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
Wow that’s a nice looking rim I haven’t ever seen them. I love my TK7.1's a disc version would be sweet. Is it really a disc rim with no sidewall similar to the XR4.1 or just a 7.1 with ano side walls?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Endomaniac said:
Wow that's a nice looking rim I haven't ever seen them. I love my TK7.1's a disc version would be sweet. Is it really a disc rim with no sidewall similar to the XR4.1 or just a 7.1 with ano side walls?
The XR4.1 D has a sidewall. It is the same rim as the rim brake version without the ano machined off. You can still use rim brakes on the "disc" rim.

·
Registered
235 Posts
DT Swiss 29'er rims

shiggy said:
The XR4.1 D has a sidewall. It is the same rim as the rim brake version without the ano machined off. You can still use rim brakes on the "disc" rim.
The TK7.1 is now availble in an all black disc version, 32h only. Same extrusion as the regular TK, and double eyelet too. The box profile (w/braking surface) actually adds a fair amount of strength to the rims. I would not use rim brakes on the painted surface (not ano), it won't hurt the rim but I'd question the braking performance.

BTW: Our sales guys are getting alot of 29" requests both for different rim profiles, widths, etc.., as well as wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts