Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...
i'm mostly just a lurker to these boards, not one to post much but i'm really stoked about my new FR rig, so i decided to post. Just getting into this type of riding and it's scarry fun!
Well here it is 06 Turner Highline. :thumbsup: My other bike is a 5Spot, love that bike thus I wanted to stay in the Turner line.

Oh and thanks to my LBS, The Path for putting up with my nagging questions and spec changes. You guys rock! :thumbsup:

So on with the new rig!
It's currently a 7x7 setup, will eventually go 8x8 as soon as I see what the RS stuff looks like.
Weighs in at about 38.53lbs [LBS scale]

* Frame Size & Color: Highline - med - ano black
* Fork: Zocchi 66 ETA Light
* Rear Shock: Fox DHX 5 - 8.5 x 2.5
* Brakes: Hope Mono 6 [front] M4 [rear]
* Shifters: Sram X.0 Triggers
* Cranks: Saint - 175mm
* Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 mid cage
* Pedals: Azonic A-Frame Lite
* Stem: Thomson X4 Elite - 70x0
* Handlebar: Azonic Stealth
* Seat post: Thomson Elite Masterpiece
* Saddle: WTB Rocket V
* Cassette: SRAM PG-990 Cassette 11/34
* Headset: FSA Orbit Extreme Pro R
* Grips: Oury
* Front Tire: Kenda Blue Groove 2.5 StickE
* Front Rim: Mavic 819 UST
* Front Hub/Skewer: ChrisKing ISO 20mm
* Rear Tire: Kenda Nevegal 2.5 DTC
* Rear Rim: DT Swiss 6.1
* Rear Hub/Skewer: Hadley 150mm

** Still waiting on **
* Industry Nine FR Wheel Set - DT Swiss 6.1d w/blue hubs
* Black Dangerboy brake levers
* Goodridge SS lines

Please excuse the quality of the pics... bad lighting:(

the shake down run will be later this afternoon. I hope to have better pictures as well.

I know I will probably get some shiat and flames for my hbar choice... i really couldn't decide which ones to get :idea: so opted for the Azonic's
-Rodel

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Freaking beautiful bike! Is there any way you could take a picture of the tire/seat tube clearance at full compression with the shorter shock?

Thanks!

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! Man, that thing is delicious.... BUT, What's with the choice of bars? JK-- nothing wrong with Azonic bars.

Why'd you think you'd get flamed for them?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
You can get replacement bore caps in various colors.

That is one beautiful bike, light too.
you can get replacement bore caps like XSL_WiLL says or if getting a new set you can order them in different colors.

RaindogT said:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! Man, that thing is delicious.... BUT, What's with the choice of bars? JK-- nothing wrong with Azonic bars.

Why'd you think you'd get flamed for them?
Well, they are carbon bars on a FR bike after all... still contemplating on putting something on there a little more duty worthy.

Thanks guys for all the complements, can't wait to ride tonight after work!

·
its just a mountain
145 Posts
Dnovick104 said:
question... y do u want a more powerful brake in the front... wouldnt u want something more powerfull behind?
The quickest and most efficient way to stop is with the front brake. The back brake locks up super quick and just drags the wheel.

and to matt, carbon is stronger, but carbon is also more brittle. If it cracks and you don't realize it, the next big hit you take, you're gonna smash your face into your stem. Bend before break is a good policy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.